Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Kindsky101
      Participant

Hi everyone

My partner of many years criticises most things I do from work to simple chores around the house. When he does this he makes sarcastic comments on nosying how stupid I am. He does this several times a day and it affects my confidence. Am I overreacting? He says I’m too sensitive. Thanks.

KIP.
      Participant

No you’re not over reacting. Abusers will do whatever they can to destroy your confidence. It makes you much easier to control. They often hide their abuse behind ‘its a joke’ or ‘you’re too sensitive’. Try reading Living with the Dominator and look up the Freedom Programme. It will educate you on abusive behaviour. Abuse is insidious. It creeps up on us little by little sending us spinning. Once your self esteem and confidence are destroyed you’re much more likely not to leave and these men know it. Try contacting your local women’s aid or use the chatline on here. It’s not you, it’s him. He’s supposed to be supportive and encouraging but he prefers sarcasm and hurtful comments. He won’t change and abuse always gets worse x read some other posts and you will recognise his abuse I’m sure x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content