Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      godschild
      Participant

After falling apart at the star of the year when i really realised what the abuse was and seeing it all so clearly, I have the past two or three weeks picked up somewhat, not all good but stronger which I attribute a lot to being able to read and post on here and pm people as well and getting support form WA. A neighbour said to my husband that I looked well, I have been seen a few times walking across my (detail removed by Moderator) which I hadnt done in ages due to agoraphobia and standing outside talking to someone then today a man came to do a procedure, normally my Husband will open the door but I let him in myself. I have to have this procedure done (detail removed by Moderator) and he said how well I look, I cant say I feel wonderfully well as such but what I think they see is my strength and confidence growing, change of body language maybe be as I stand up to my abuser and not pulled right under by it anymore so I feel its positive that people are noticing some change in me.

Dear God’s child, that is lovely to hear. There is light at the end of the tunnel & recovery from abuse is possible ,it takes some time & the road is fraught with challenges, but it is possible xxxxx (I have smiled, laughed & felt excited about my future lately)

godschild
      Participant

Thankyou xxxx

Anonymous
      Inactive

You are doing amazing, well done you. So nice to read that things are on the up for you x

Serenity
      Participant

So pleased you feel stronger, Godschild! That’s fantastic! I know how much you’ve suffered.

I know you have it in you to beat your fears.

I think you regain a lot of strength from having your experience validated and from continuing to receive kind support and understanding. It gives you a kind of ‘armour.’

It’s a whole lot better than feeling alone and our abusers trying to make us concede to their warped version of the truth.

đź’›

godschild
      Participant

Thankyou a little lost, just wish you could get some peace and strength in your situtation.
      Thankyou serenity, you are so right getting validated helps so much, all ive listened to for so long is his warped version of the truth and yes the kind support and understanding of the reality and truth helpsso much xxxxxx

Ayanna
      Participant

This is great! I am happy for you! Continue to make progress! x*x

godschild
      Participant

Thankyou Ayanna xx

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content