Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      LittleRobin
      Participant

So in a long-distance marriage (husband wants divorce) said he was suicidal I didn’t fly out straight away and so he wants a divorce but won’t do a thing about filing.

I tried multiple ways/suggestions to save marriage – he said no. But said to give him time to think – normally when he asked for the time he reaches out by doing something and I respond then he complains he isn’t getting enough time! So I have given him nearly (detail removed by Moderator) of space….  (detail removed by Moderator) I look at my phone and he has sent me a whats app with (detail removed by Moderator) written on it. I ignored it and didn’t open it. About 20 minutes later he has deleted the message – so now it shows as This message was deleted.

I don’t know what his game is? I’m guessing he wants me to reach out but seems an odd message to delete.

His silly games and pettiness were so draining to start with, still are to a point but also interesting to see what the next move will be! How some of these men can make out we’re crazy is beyond me! They are the ones that need help!

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi LittleRobin

I am sorry to hear about your situation, it must be exhausting for you. It sounds like your husband is being very manipulative and emotionally abusive towards you.

If you feel like you are in need of some additional support, you could chat to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence via our Live Chat service (open every day). They won’t tell you what to do, but can discuss your situation and signpost
      you to other support that’s relevant for you. You can access the chat service here: https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

Take care and keep posting

Lisa

LittleRobin
      Participant

Thank you, Lisa. It is very draining.

Later in the day, he sent another message (this time not deleting) (detail removed by moderator) So I replied (detail removed by moderator) I thought maybe he wanted to develop the conversation so I just asked him (detail removed by moderator).

He knows we have serious things to discuss which he should be initiating as he has made decisions and every time I ask to discuss he claims (detail removed by moderator) and when I give him the space he reaches out with pointless chit chat. I don’t really see what his driving force is or his purpose with all this. I just want to fix things or move on and he seems to be giving me neither option. Very frustrating.

Scottish Thistle
      Participant

Mine did similar to yours and your right it’s very draining. I don’t know about you but I used to think it was me that made him behave that way with me – i had done or said Something wrong to not doing or saying something.

On a couple of occasions he slipped up in front of people. He would be sitting taking to people in ours and as soon as I walked in the room he stopped talking and only started up after I left. The person who witnessed this later asked did he see right on how he behaved.

Sorry no advice on how to deal with it but know your not alone in experiencing it.

LittleRobin
      Participant

It’s such a difficult situation but I do feel solidarity in knowing I’m not alone x I’m glad in your case someone called him out on it.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content