Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Balloons
      Participant

I just wanted to share that I spoke to my local women’s aid this morning and I have to say it was probably the most helpful thing I’ve done yet. I am so excited/relieved to have found some one to work through this with. For anyone struggling to validate their experience, especially on the emotional/psychological side of abuse i would really recommend making this phone call, I only wish I had done it sooner.

Fl0w3r
      Participant

Well done!

I plucked up the courage to call at the weekend but lines were busy. I’ve filled in the form for a callback. Have you now got a single point of contact for support through this?

Balloons
      Participant

Yes I do, and I think that makes all the difference, knowing I wont have to try explaining it all again. I must have spoken for at least an hour and I still didn’t say everything – but it really is a huge relief to have someone professional see things for what they are, and to help come up with a tailored plan to help me recover. I hope you get your call back soon, good luck!

littledove
      Participant

That’s amazing Balloons, I’m so incredibly happy for you ❤️ It’s such a relief and comfort isn’t it? Made my night ❤️xx

iliketea
      Participant

That’s great you can get to talk to the same person. Which number? I called them ages ago but wasn’t given the choice for it to be ongoing. I do have an IDVA but she’s always too busy to talk through incidences.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Balloons,

This is great to hear! I’m pleased the call helped and you have a contact for support.

Thank you for sharing with us!

Best wishes,

Lisa

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content