Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I spoke to my son and he is coming up with my husband’s very words…It is too much of a coincidence, it is his exact words, his exact expressions, his exact threats and judgement, no child of his age would come up with something like that!

I have only just met my new DV lady and she told me to write a diary, I now feel like texting her about what I heard tonight. This is abominable to my eyes…I knew he would try every trick to make me look like a vilain…This is pure messing up with my child’s mental health!!! If he can’t get at me directly, he has no sense of shame to get at me via one of our children! What he says or texts to me should not be shared with our son!

I am fuming…

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Bridget,

I’m so sorry to read your upsetting post. Sadly we know that abusive men are very happy to continue the abuse through children, long after the relationship has ended. Just keep doing as well as you are and getting plenty of support and advice from your DV lady who sounds very helpful. I am sure that with your guidance your children will come through this difficult time.

We are all here for you.

Best wishes,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content