Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Whosthatgirl
      Participant

Forgive me this. Its very basic and I’m so tired but needed to get it out somehow:
      Someone took my ease away
      Won’t be the same again
      Someone thought it was their right
      to make me feel this pain.

Someone took my strength away
      so threatened by its power
      jibes and snide remarks all day
      with no respite for hours

Someone took my peace away
      and screwed it up so tight
      that even if i find it
      I will never be quite right.

Someone took my rest away
      sleep seems to be my past
      lying with my eyes tight shut
      the night just lasts and lasts.

Someone took the ‘Safe’ away
      i just can’t shake the fear
      that if i sleep for just a while
      I’ll wake to find him here.

fizzylem
      Participant

Wow, so powerful and meaningful; can imagine you sitting there instead of stressing thinking about how to put how you feel and what this has done into words. Much better for you. I think doing things like this really helps us to process how we feel in a safe way, a way that enriches us, that gives back to us. Could hear every word x

KIP.
      Participant

Very well put. That was me in the past but just wanted you to know that you can and will heal from this. Perhaps try a poem about healing and a bright future x one step at a time x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

It’s absolutely beautiful Whosthatgirl 😌
      I can relate to that feeling of safety gone, I am still working very hard to feel safe again…I think when it will be back, everything else will be alright too.
      I don’t have troubles with the nights anymore because I received sleeping pills which took my nightmares and insomnia away, it just knock me out so beautifully, I started to look forward for the peaceful nights. Now I don’t need the sleeping pills anymore 🙂😴

Alicenotichains
      Participant

That is a powerful poem. Thank you. I have come back on here because I keep having nightmares about my ex, even though I am tucked up in bed with my new partner who is a lovely person and I am enjoying a new life free from abuse. I woke the other day feeling petrified after the dream I had where I was being hunted by my ex who was trying to harm me. I agree with your poem- I don’t feel totally safe even though I probably am. I had a long rambling message recently from the ex when I stupidly went back on social media. Chilled me to the bone to think that after such a long period of no contact, I am still on his mind. Probably where the nightmare came from I guess. I am off social media again now. It’s just not worth the risk.x

Whosthatgirl
      Participant

Thank you x

Twisted Sister
      Participant

No, thank you whosthatgirl! 😃

Really touching poem, many truths about lived experience’s

Warmest wishes

TS

Whosthatgirl
      Participant

Thank you for your kind words. I’m a mess today so they mean a lot x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Sending you a big hug 💞 take good care of yourself, eat well, drink plenty of water, rest well and keep posting to talk to let it all out ok.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content