Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Aaaaga
      Participant

Hi, I and my child left my ex abusive partner. We are at refuge at the minute. Child is his. Since we broke up he is constantly ringing me or trying to get to me through my friends and family members. I reported domestic violence to poloce and he was on police bail with conditions to not contact me in any way. He was breaching his bail almost everyday and I reported it every single time. At some point police dropped all charges against him. I was panicking that at that time he can come and get me or get our child that’s why I decided to go to refuge and luckily I got a place very quickly. Since then he keeps ringing of a private number so I coudnt block him. I managed to do it and he started to messaging my family and friends again saying it’s about our child and to ask me to unblock him. I reported it to police. As I Thought police didn’t do anything about it because they said if they contact him it can makes him more angry and things will be worse for me. He finally stop ringing so after so many days while I was waiting for private number to ring me, he rang. I was stupid and got into conversation with him believing that maybe this time it’ll be about him seeing our child (he never been abusive with the child) Before I agreed for him to see her in contact centre and then we can do parenting plan with legal binding. I blocked all private numbers again but he is not stopping and it shows on my phone that his private calls been rejected. It’s really messing with my head cos I feel quilty he doesn’t see her. In the same time I know if he wanted to do it, he would do what I asked him to do (fill application for contact centre, I send my weeks ago) he said he wants me back and he is here for a long run. He also said I’m getting too cocky and arrogant but I need to remember that if I dance with a devil I’ll get burnt. I was thinking to report him to police again (I want to apply for non molestation order and evidences like this could help me). I read about Police Information Notice/ Early Harrasment Notice. Does anyone got any experience with those Notices. Is is hard to get? It’s hard for me as it is and seeing his calls don’t help, just making me feel more quilty
      X

Ayanna
      Participant

I find the behaviour of the police outrageus.
      If that was me I would complain about their inactivity once a week to the police complaints commission in writing. They would know my name.

Secondly, apply for a non molestation order. He is clearly harassing you and woman’s aid needs to help you with this.

Thirdly, I would change the phone number and only give the new number to very few trusted people.

Aaaaga
      Participant

Thanks for your reply. I’m really fed up with police right now. It’s like he can do and say anything he wants to and they don’t do anything about it. When my ex was rearrested for new threats to kill while he was on his bail and I returned to Home police rang me saying he Is gonna be released without charges and I need to leave house because I’m putting myself and our child in risk. After that I lost any Faith in them. I wanted to apply for non molestation order but I wasn’t qulifed for legal aid because I was working. Because I had to leave town I lived in for refuge I also had to leave my job so now I’m in process of getting legal aid again x

Flowerchild
      Participant

Contact your Police Commissioner and their tune should change. Report the ‘devil’ comment – that’s a threat. Every time you call, ask for an incident number and log the time and date. If you call from your mobile, it will all be evidence.

They are effectively putting you in the front line and hiding behind you, darling, with their desire ‘not to make him angrier’. That’s not their job: their job is to protect YOU. If the commissioner doesn’t get things moving, try your MP. Tell them ALL to imagine the headlines and their role in the subsequent enquiry if he harms you. That should get someone doing the job they’re handsomely paid to do!

Flower x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content