Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      TulipLily
      Participant

Hi,

I’m new on here and have managed to get out (detail removed by moderator) but I am still being harassed, threatened and blackmailed by my now ex partner. If I go to the police and file a complaint how quickly would they respond and pay him a visit?
      I have spoken to the dv helpline and they assured me I have enough for the police to act on but I just wondered what happens after you initially make contact and the timescale.
      Any help would be appreciated x

KIP.
      Participant

Hi it really depends on how busy they are and how urgent they feel your case is. I’d definitely report the harrassment to them and you can ask these questions when you do. Meantime keep a detailed note of all his contact. Gather any evidence you can. Texts, emails and witnesses etc. You can also ring 101 for advice in the meantime. I can tell you that they came out the same day to speak to me but that was a while ago and before Covid 19. And they detained him later that evening. Talk to your local police for advice. Victim Support are also a great help and you don’t have to have reported the crime for them to help you.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content