Viewing 39 reply threads
  • Author
      littledove
      Participant

I always see positive quotes all over the internet and they always make me feel motivated and bring me comfort when I read them.

So I thought it be a great idea to post any we see on here. Could be from books or from the internet etc

Could be positive quotes, motivational quotes, comforting quotes, famous quotes, philosophical quotes, life quotes, empowering quotes, spiritual quotes, small poems even and even your own quotes that you‘ve came up with!

Hope it brings comfort to people ❤️

littledove
      Participant

I’ll start off :

“She woke up different. Done with trying to figure out who was with her, against her, or walking down the middle because they didn’t have the guts to pick a side.
      She was done with anything that didn’t bring her peace.
      She realised that opinions were a dime a dozen, validation was for parking, and loyalty wasn’t a word but a lifestyle.
      It was this day that her life changed.
      And not because of a man or a job, but because she realised that life is way too short to leave the key to your happiness in someone else’s pocket.”

~ Unknown

Wants To Help
      Participant

Life Is A Journey, Not A Destination

Be careful what you tolerate; you are teaching people how they can treat you.

The best revenge you can get on a woman who steals your man is to let her keep him.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.

Hazydayz
      Participant

Our future reality is dependant on what we do in this moment.
      The most important time…is the time we make for ourselves.

Hazydayz
      Participant

Don’t put off untill tomorrow, what you could do today.

Chestnut
      Participant

“Above all be the heroine of your life not the victim”

iliketea
      Participant

“Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows”

Hazydayz
        Participant

Liking your Quote💞

littledove
      Participant

Great quotes guys 💞

Here’s a great one:

“And she gave no f***s, not even one, and she lived happily ever after”

😊

iliketea
        Participant

hahaha that’s MY type of quote!

littledove
      Participant

“When you choose healing over toxicity it can get pretty lonely, but I have to keep choosing what’s for me and remembering I chose the better path”

Wants To Help
      Participant

It will drive you insane if you live trying to analyse their motivation to hurt you rather than your motivation to protect yourself.

lover of no contact
      Participant

“Remembering that we can live only one day at a time removes the burdens of the past from our backs and keeps us from dreading the future, which none of us can know anyway”

littledove
        Participant

Love this one 💞 I have a habit of analysing the past and worrying about the future. When I should just live for the present moment and enjoy every moment ❤️ Thank you for this one xx

littledove
      Participant

*Rafiki hits simba over the head with his stick*

Simba: *rubbing his head* “Oww! Geez, what was that for”

Rafiki: “It doesn’t matter! It’s in the past!”

Simba: “Yeah, but it still hurts.”

Rafiki: “Ah, yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.”

~ The Lion King❤️

Love this one✨

littledove
      Participant

A couple from Kung Fu Panda (great the messages you can pick up in kids movies)

Master Oogway: “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called ‘the present’.”

Master Oogway: “Your mind is like this water my friend, when it is agitated it becomes difficult to see. But if you allow it to settle, the answer becomes clear.”

❤️

YellowBird
      Participant

“An apology without change is just manipulation.”

YellowBird
      Participant

“Failure is a bruise, not a tattoo…”

littledove
      Participant

From the book “The Boy, the Mole, the fox and the Horse” by Charlie Mackesy

“One of our greatest freedoms is how we react to things”

“Sometimes,” said the horse.
      “Sometimes what?” asked the boy.
      “Sometimes just getting up and carrying on is brave and magnificent.”

Eggshells
      Participant

I love these quotes. Just what I needed. Who’d have thought a panda would be so wise. 😂 Thank you ladies. xx

littledove
        Participant

What I learn from the things my daughter watches 😂 (can’t pretend I don’t secretly love the movies too😜)

Hazydayz
      Participant

Positive change is the action of positive thought 💞

littledove
      Participant

To the women who are labelled…

.Aggressive: Keep being assertive.

.Bossy: Keep on leading.

.Difficult: Keep telling the Truth.

.Too Much: Keep taking up space.

.Akward: Keep asking hard questions.

Please don’t shrink yourself to make someone happy. Be yourself, you’re beautiful that way.

Hazydayz
      Participant

Life is what you make it?

Hazydayz
      Participant

Smile and the world laughs with you! Cry,and you cry alone. Hmmm…Not sure if this is entirely appropriate? But it does, also seem true. The posive quote here?Remember, someone’s always here to offer support as a comfort, and the tissue is yours to keep.

iliketea
      Participant

Focus on what you can control

iliketea
      Participant

Today was a Difficult Day,” said Pooh.

There was a pause.

“Do you want to talk about it?” asked Piglet.

“No,” said Pooh after a bit. “No, I don’t think I do.”

“That’s okay,” said Piglet, and he came and sat beside his friend.

“What are you doing?” asked Pooh.

“Nothing, really,” said Piglet. “Only, I know what Difficult Days are like. I quite often don’t feel like talking about it on my Difficult Days either.

“But goodness,” continued Piglet, “Difficult Days are so much easier when you know you’ve got someone there for you. And I’ll always be here for you, Pooh.”

And as Pooh sat there, working through in his head his Difficult Day, while the solid, reliable Piglet sat next to him quietly, swinging his little legs…he thought that his best friend had never been more right.”

A.A.Milne

Anonymous
      Inactive

“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You can not withstand the storm.’
      The warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm.’ – Jake Remington.

“Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing.” – Helen Keller

Ariana
      Participant

If your dreams dont scare you, they arnt big enough

A comfort zone is beautifull but nothing ever grows there.

Jn order for beautiful flowers to grow, first there must be rain xx

Hazydayz
      Participant

Thankfully, my life’s not as bad as hers!

Hazydayz
      Participant

Life could always be worse! Be grateful for small mercies!

Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

It’s often those who experience trauma that have the greatest ability to heal – the strength needed to see them through the most difficult times is adaptable and interchangeable to create positivity.

Hazydayz
        Participant

That’s right! Well said! 💞

littledove
      Participant

Great quotes everyone, love the Winnie the Pooh one @iliketea 🥰💞

Hazydayz
        Participant

Cantmakedecisions decision to offer the positive quote she did, left a lasting impression on me! 💞

Browneyesp
      Participant

“Nurture your mind with great thoughts. To believe in the heroic makes heroes.”

littledove
      Participant

I’m bumping my post from last year guys❤️ Bit of positivity goes a long way through someone’s day ❤️❤️

soxy
      Participant

These quotes are great, I love them all thanks Littledove for bumping them up. I love the messages you can get from kids films too.

I am definitely an autumn girl and love this quote: “Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go.”

Eggshells
      Participant

Don’t look back, you are not going that way.

You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain.

No-one is you and that is your super power.

gettingtired
      Participant

“The wound is where the light enters you.”

Anonymous
      Inactive

Here’s one I don’t know if it’s a positive quote but it’s true and it made me laugh, never wrestle with pigs , you both get dirty, and the pig likes it “George Bernard shaw” ( yes I know it’s a bit naughty , but it’s a bit funny too 😁)

soxy
      Participant

Auriel I love it 😀 that’s such a good quote made me chuckle too. I also love this one “The best revenge you can get on a woman who steals your man is to let her keep him.” posted by wants to help near the beginning of this thread!

Anonymous
        Inactive

Soxy I want it put on a t.shirt eh maybe women’s aid can have some made up 😅

Headspin
      Participant

What a lovely idea little dove.

“When there is ruin, there is hope for a treasure”. Rumi

“Wedding dress for sale (worn once by mistake)”

soxy
      Participant

Auriel – that would be a great t-shirt ;-)!!

I found these quotes this morning on pinterest and I thought I would share it:

“I’m proud of you. The truth is, if most people really knew your story and all the things you’ve been through, they’d probably wonder how you’re still smiling. So, if you don’t hear it from anyone else, I’m proud of you” – Coach I am Enough

“Don’t make someone else the hero of your survival story. After all you’ve been through, you deserve the credit. No therapist, conference or book took those steps for you. You did. Nothing can touch the depths of how hard you’ve worked to overcome. You should be so proud”

Belle250
      Participant

“I used to want to protect my name in situations, now I just want to protect my peace. I let whoever think WHATEVER!”

🤜🤛

Weemebreeze
      Participant

“Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tip toe if you must, but take the step.” ❤️

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content