Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Freedom @
      Participant

I’m going through the logistics of leaving in my head). I have very little, almost nothing in the way of finances at the moment. My credit rating is poor so I’m wondering nct how it would be possible to get electricity contracts/ utility Bill’s set up in my name should I manage to get out? All Bill’s are in his name and I dont have a history record of paying them etc…so is it unlikely heating/electricity companies would even take me on???

KIP.
      Participant

Talk to women’s aid who can help you here. Perhaps even a place in a refuge to get you back on your feet. We all had to start somewhere with bills so once you’ve got your new place you simply register with them and pay the bills as they come in, set up a monthly direct debit or ask for a pre paid meter (if they still do these). Don’t let this stop you from freedom. Contact your local women’s aid in the meantime x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Freedom @

Welcome to the forum and thank you for posting. It is great to see KIP has already replied to you so I hope you continue to find the forum a supportive place to be.

As KIP has suggested, contacting your local domestic abuse support group would be a really good idea to help you put together a safety plan. They can offer ongoing emotional and practical support. You can find your local group via this link: https://www.womensaid.org.uk/domestic-abuse-directory/

Our online Live Chat is also available to chat to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence. The Live Chat is available weekdays 10am – 4pm and 10am – 12pm weekends. They won’t tell you what to do, but can discuss your situation and signpost you to other support that’s relevant for you. You can access the chat service here: https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

Do keep posting to let us know how you’re getting on, there is support here for you.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content