Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      survivorabuse
      Participant

The court has given him unsupervised contact. My (removed by moderator) takes the kids to him because we would just end up having arguments. My problem is when he’s had them, my eldest especially is very rude to me after. He hasn’t seen them since lockdown but (removed by moderator) has been arranged for him to have them.

Can I get my eldest to be more respectful of me after? He is lovely normally it’s just after he’s been with his dad

It just feels like he is told to be horrible to me.

KIP.
      Participant

When you’re both calm try to have a conversation about his behaviour and how it’s upsetting and disrespectful. Ask what you’re doing to deserve it? That you won’t tolerate abuse again. Perhaps you could plan to do something you all like on their return x Pizza and movie. Movie and popcorn. It’s good you notice the behaviour comes after contact. It could be he blaming you for the breakup or For him having to deal with his dad now, sometimes it’s easier to take anger and frustration out on who they perceive as the weaker parent because no doubt his dad would lose the plot. The NSPCC have a good helpline if you wanted to chat it through or there’s the national domestic abuse helpline too.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content