Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      maddog
      Participant

I don’t trust the MH nurse. It’s especially difficult as I am under scrutiny by my ex’s flying monkeys. I have been told I have cPTSD. This is likely since my total life has been such a mess. Many of the symptoms of trauma have been successfully treated over the years although not under the diagnosis of PTSD.

What has happened recently has opened a completely new can of worms, especially the bitter hatred coming from my ex, and that he will do anything to cause me harm. He has brought in the officials and lied to them. To say I have been terrified really doesn’t touch the sides. It is also difficult to come to terms with the relentless abuse from my ex that I have endured over the decades. This is a new thing.

I have largely come to terms with the past and successfully made amends with my family. I was psychologically and physically abused by a family member. This I have largely overcome and now I get on with him. I have been angry with him and told him to stop bullying me or risk not seeing my children. He is safe around children. He is contrite and I have a lot of support when he stops making sense. I no longer blame him for his behaviour and he has the insight to recognise his mistakes. It has been a long haul. I have also finally been able to grieve the loss of a sibling when I was very young and I have been able to cast a different light over the situation.

My ex is bent of having me diagnosed as a drunk with a personality disorder. This is why the MH nurse frightens me. I think she has a bolt loose. I am not alone in thinking this. I am fully aware that cPTSD has many of the symptoms of BPD and I fear she will chose the BPD route for me. Said nurse was making personal comments about me in what I experienced as a judgemental way. She said I had lost weight (untrue) and that I presented myself in a different way to the last time I saw her (what a surprise!). The previous time we met I had not experienced the terror of my ex’s flying monkeys and I wasn’t under scrutiny.

If I say anything to this nurse she will mark me as paranoid. The first time I met her I thought there were bits missing. A former patient of hers told me she caused harm because of her decisions. It is very rare for me not to trust people.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Hi Maddog, I would say trust your intuition, it seems she is writing anything she pleases just to put you into a psychological box to make it easier for her to follow a certain medical route and not look at who you really are and what experiences you have suffered. Don’t hesitate to change to someone you feel you can trust. Your intuition or instinct is always right. If you feel she isn’t acting in your best interest than you are right full stop.

I would like to add that it is an excellent quality not to trust anyone blindly (anymore), this is probably one of the important lessons we can take away from abuse, to not assume everyone is as kind and trustworthy as we are.
      My trust comes with a price-tag nowadays, it has to be earned by showing me respect.

Sending you strength 💗

maddog
      Participant

Thank you, HopeLifeJoy. I have always been honest about what’s going on in my life. I think I’m making a mega mistake. I’m rubbish at lying. I think there is something very wrong with this nurse. My friend wondered what drugs she was on!

KIP.
      Participant

You know more than anyone about your mental health. Ask for a second opinion x

maddog
      Participant

I certainly will if needs be. The problem with mental health diagnoses is that in truth nobody knows. It is horrible being under scrutiny. Only because my ex husband wants to ‘win’. I hope so much that he comes into question. I doubt it will happen. I think ‘narc’ is a term of abuse. I don’t think there are many out there who seek help. Abuser is a good enough word.

fizzylem
      Participant

Defo, trust your gut, it is no secret in the profession that a lot of MH nurses are indeed wounded children themselves – and some never made it to therapy! Could you say you feel uncomfortable and would like to try someone else? Sounds like she isn’t helping, which is kind of the reason why she is supposed to be there in the first place isn’t it? xx

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Dear Maddog

Please request another nurse. She is not quaified to make these assertions, and has over-stepped her remit.

Make a complaint about her unprofessional behaviour, and pass comment that you have also heard worrying comments from other patients of hers.

You know your stuff, know where you stand and know domestic abuse, she perhaps doesn’t.

It would be pertinent to mention that also.

Certainly abuse can bring the disregulation anbextreme emotions of bpd… but cptsd requires traum focussed therapy. If she’s not aware of this i dont think she can help you anymore.
      Warmest wishes

TS

maddog
      Participant

I am seeing this (removed by moderator) woman again quite soon. It’s really weird how so many professionals don’t understand the dynamics of domestic abuse. It seems to underpin so many problems. It should be really basic training.

fizzylem
      Participant

Tell her! Dares you! It’s utterly soul destroying isnt it, move her on MD x

maddog
      Participant

I very much doubt there is anybody else! I hope nobody minds if I try to articulate the problems I find with her. Sorry for banging on and repeating myself. I find her inconsistent. I don’t like the way she makes personal remarks. I am not so broken yet that I can’t tell the difference between me and her and I am not so broken that I feel I should take on her problems. I know from what I have heard that she has an er interesting way of diagnosing people.

diymum@1
      Participant

im sure if you mention the Nursing and Midwifery Counsel(its the governing body over nurses)very strict to her and the GP practice she will jump and youll get another nurse – look up their code of conduct – i promise this will work (detail removed by moderator) or this might be down to ignorance but why should you suffer? xx

fizzylem
      Participant

There you go, she shouldnt be talking to you about her problems should she or make personal remarks, totes unprofessional x

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content