Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      diymum@1
      Participant

I wanted to share this – my little girl had written a letter – a note to self if you like – all about who she is and what she wants to be when she grows up.

She ended her letter by saying to all you women out there hold your head up high and be strong!! ๐Ÿ˜€

it goes to show how much they pick up from us xx this made me smile before I left for work very cute, hopeful and inspiring

much love diy mum x*x ๐Ÿ˜€

KIP.
      Participant

๐Ÿ‘ she is the future. You should be very proud and tell her Iโ€™m holding my head high ๐Ÿ’• she has a great role model x

diymum@1
      Participant

Thanks KIP shes been through so much in her short life but it has given her direction and I can see she will defend her femininity vehnomently xx I am so proud of her because she has come through this with resilience xx I will pass that on the her she knows im talking to other women who are in the same boat. I don’t hide what we have come through ,and I feel its better to know were not alone in this, any of us ๐Ÿ™‚ love diymum xx

big pat on back, you both fab!
      ftc
      x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Hi DYImum, wow, when I read the first few phrases I was thinking, your daughter has the head space to dream and grow, this is fabulous then the following phrases meant for us brought tears to my eyes, what a girl! how aware she is, I understand how proud you must be of her ๐Ÿ˜Œ
      Well done DYImum, you know how well you are doing as a mum when you see the results, it is just beautiful, my deepest reverence to you.
      Celebrate this moment, it is something very special ๐Ÿ˜€ an accomplishment!
      And tell her I keep going too, for freedom and a beautiful life.

diymum@1
      Participant

keep your heads high and not down dont let anyone or anything take you down from DIYmums daughter

Iwantmeback
      Participant

It’s wonderful to see just how much of the positives our children do take on board. You are an amazing mum @DIY, keep doing what you’re doing, I think if we heard more of that we would know we’re doing well, but for so many praise is hard to give. Far too often it’s easier to tell you what you’re doing wrong but fir some reason, saying you’re doing a good job is very difficult or it just doesn’t cross their minds. .
      Take care mo charaid IWMB ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Sheโ€™s such a gem ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’›

diymum@1
      Participant

thanks everyone for the lovely comments ๐Ÿ™‚ she is a wee gem and i hope she has the tools in life to make sure she can form healthy relationships and avoid any more abusive men coming into her life again xx hope and pray she is able to keep herself safe xx much love diymum

Anonymous
      Inactive

Amazing! She is the future and you have taught her well.

TTMO x

Whosthatgirl
      Participant

Well done to you both. What a team you are! x

diymum@1
      Participant

thank you im not going to lie it has taken its toll on her the contact issues we had she was put through the mill. im learning just now that kids need to learn how to handle situations rather than be punished xx im working on getting this right this time round thats all we can do try to give our kids the best at least we have an understanding unlike your average person xx thanks for your comments they mean alot xx much love diymum

Apricotpoppy
      Participant

Thanks for this DIY it gives me strength and positivity for raising my boys. The lovely thing is you have taught your daughter well and she will share this mindset with other girls . I know they have to deal with the abuser still so words about teaching them to handle it resonate.
      Keeping our heads high and not letting anything take us down xx
      Apricotpoppy xx

diymum@1
      Participant

she dosent have to see him now but i see traits in her which really worry me – im reading alot now and i will share what i learn i want to parent her into being a person who can think constructively and be able to identify the red flags mainly so she never has to go through this again. i have a long road because she has him in her and that terrifies me – i want her to know being entitled, manipulative, and controlling are behaviours that are not acceptable and that lots of people wont accept that i neither should our kids xx i know i cant think like that (that she could have these traits)- i know and believe she will turn out great so will your boys ๐Ÿ™‚ much love diymum xx

diymum@1
      Participant

that is a good question actually can we mould our kids? – is it nature v nurture? xx

fizzylem
      Participant

Cant believe I missed this post DM. Love! Awww so cute, shows you you are winning the battle for sure! Feel all warm and tingly now! Great stuff xxxxxx

diymum@1
      Participant

im glad this spurred you on – youve done a great job before with your parenting youll get thorugh this too with your girl x*x your doing great also x*x much love diy mum ๐Ÿ˜€

Apricotpoppy
      Participant

Yes, one of them I think that about too and I feel it- am trying to counteract it. We have to keep our eyes open to help our beautiful children – they are so innocent and then this abuse changes everything . I am hoping less nature and more nurture.
      Mine still see him regularly tho and are getting manipulated. This time they gave him all their pocket money. Have to do something. Might have a chat to the school counsellor and see if they are trained in DA.

diymum@1
      Participant

Womens aid run groups for children – my daughter attended it was really helpful at the time. from what ive gathered if you teach them to think critically without making them cynical they sus their dads antics out for themselves it protects them xx

diymum@1
      Participant

my goodness taking their money – thats pretty low of him – blinking heck im tyring to get over to my girl the worls owes us nothing we have to earn what we get that includes respect xx therefor for their father should have that respect for you and them xx otherwise his antics are unacceptable xx theres always a consequence for unacceptable behaviour in society – well inevitably xx

diymum@1
      Participant

what im doing now is asking her what do you think about that? and i wonder how you think that would make some one feel if you did this? that kind of thing i have caught her rolling her eyes sometimes! lol so i stop there xx

Apricotpoppy
      Participant

Thanks DIY good advice I will try that.Apparently paying them back so will see. Have a nice afternoon we are going out now for a bit of drama free fun xx

diymum@1
      Participant

yeh i doubt it maybe they should charge interest! enjoy yourselves much love diymum :@)

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ยฉ 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England โ€“ Womenโ€™s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Womenโ€™s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions โ”‚ Privacy & cookie policy โ”‚ Site map โ”‚ Protect yourself onlineโ”‚ Mediaย โ”‚ย Jobs โ”‚ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content