Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Lifeinterrupted
      Participant

I have been in therapy for a while. My counsellor has been gently suggesting that I write a letter to my ex, not to send but to say all the things I wanted to say to him. For ages even the thought of it send me into total panic and emotional overload.

Last weekend I actually sat down and wrote it. It was a lot of questions, and long and a bit ranting as the floodgates sort of opened and then lots came pouring out…. but it felt good to get it out on paper.

At my session this week, my counsellor asked if I wanted to read the letter aloud to her…and I did it! It took everything to do it and not break down, I felt like there was a rock in my throat and chest, but I managed it and I felt so proud of myself for doing it! It made me realise how far I have come.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content