Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • #125269


      I would love some advice and support on how things would stand legally for me and my child.

      I am now separated from my mentally abusive partner. He admitted neglecting our child which ultimately led me to leave and never see him again.

      (detail removed by moderator) later he realises he needs our child for him to continue residence in the country so has appeared from the shadows. He is now taking me to court.

      Where do I stand? He confessed harm himself but of course will now deny I’m sure. I am very stuck in “proving” this. My child is so content and happy. Why would I agree to risk his safety at the hands of this man?

      Please advise what is best for me to do next.

    • #125309
      Main Moderator

      Good evening JusticeForAll,

      I’m so sorry to hear that your abuser has decided to take you to court for child access. It’s so common, unfortunately, for abusers to use the family court, and legal systems, to continue their abuse long after the relationship has ended. It must be a really difficult and distressing time for you at the moment.

      There are some services that might be good resources for support. The Rights of Women have a family law advice line where they can offer free legal advice over the phone. Their website is:

      Your local specialist domestic abuse support service can also often help with legal advice, you can find them via the directory on the Women’s Aid website:

      Please do keep posting and let us know how you’re doing.

      Take care,

    • #125312

      Hi I’m going through the same thing at the moment, by everyone I feel like I’m being told by everyone theres no point trying to prove it because I didn’t go to the doctors etc to get help. Hes going around playing the victim and I feel like I’m hitting a brick wall constantly. I don’t know if theres anyway to prove it but all we can do is keep on trying and hope they see them for what truly are. We need to do it for the children because if dont who will.

    • #125330
      [email protected]

      The court can access his medical records on your behalf as evidence. Also you can still attend the gp now and tell them what happened x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ Jobs


Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account