Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I’ve been fighting the freakoutness over having to tslk to men all day long at work (women too but men are my problem).

Ended up completely freaking out with my ptsd and forced to take time off work.

Manager says she reckons its not work that is the problem but I should take more time off. How am I supposed to afford this? I’m a single mum and I’m dreading my paypacket at the end of the month.

ultimatelyStrong
      Participant

I’m in the same position. Even the fact I can’t afford loo roll isn’t scaring me as much as the anxiety I feel about going out and to work.

Have you been signed off by your doctor? Have you checked what benefits you can get while signed off? I am self employed so being signed off means nothing but I have a young baby so am supported to a degree by universal credit.

I’ve been referred for counselling are you seeing anyone? I’m planning to apply for PUP when I’m feeling up to it.

ultimatelyStrong
      Participant

PIP not PUP

Escapee
      Participant

I don’t know how anyone can be expected to function normally whilst we are dealing with the fallout of abuse!

I can’t even cope with a room full of women let alone add men to that equation!

Have you got a WA support worker – they’ll be able to advise and support you to claim help.

Xx

Fudgecake
      Participant

It’s very hard dealing with men after abuse. I try to remind myself that it wasn’t them that hurt me but I’m still on high alert.
      I guess it’s normal to feel like this but not pleasant all the same.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you all for replying. Been having a shut away session in my mind for a while. I’ve given in my notice at work, but God knows what I’m going to do now.

Anonymous
      Inactive

hi i totally understand your pain. i work in mental health and learning difficulties. trying to function in that work environment really takes its toll. i couldn’t get any financial help from anywhere my only option was debt management. these horrible parasites of men strip us from everything even down to our dignity. i send a big hug i up you get through this.. xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content