Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      KIP.
      Participant

I took my complaints all the way and they were upheld by the highest realm. (detail removed by Moderator) I can’t go into details but they have been made to introduce new procedures to protect the safety of victims and witnesses. It took a very long time to get here and their ridiculous games of pass the blame didn’t work. I’m determined that something positive comes from my decades of abuse and it’s good to know other women won’t face the same nightmare that I did. Court should be a safe place for us. (detail removed by Moderator) x onwards and upwards. PS Both authorities have been told to provide a full comprehensive apology to me. 😊 can’t wait lol. Do you think I will get đŸŒș flowers đŸŒ·and đŸ« Chocolate Ha x

lover of no contact
      Participant

Gosh well done KIP, that is an amazing result. So glad you’re on this Forum as your strength is so impressive, and you share that with us so generously all the time. And your strength is contagious. You kicking a*s makes me want to kick a*s too, lol. And I’d much rather be in the place of kicking a*s than getting my a*s kicked (as I did for years by abusers).

Its a good example for me the actions you are taking eg to complain, to speak out, to hold authorities accountable that support abuse.

Keep kicking a*s and keep letting us know so we can do the same!

Escaped not free
      Participant

Kip thus is amazing. I’m in total awe of what you have achieved and your unbelievable strength.
      Seriously, to make changes like that is incredibly impressive.
      you should be incredibly proud of yourself. Xxxx

Lightness
      Participant

Well done KIP, and thank you for doing this for yourself and for all of us x

buddha
      Participant

Well done, you have proved how strong you really are, just pleased some courts do protect the witness in various situations but obviously not all do. Hope they send a huge bunch off flowers & large box off chocolates x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

This is brilliant, KIP. You are an inspiration! A huge well done and thank you for all of your hard work and commitment to making positive changes.

Best wishes,

Lisa

KIP.
      Participant

Thanks for all your messages. I’m not that strong, I actually cried when I read their report. Somehow at the time it didn’t seem as bad as reading their report and their sympathy at the distress and trauma I was caused. It’s a shame that it takes a victim to change things but then when you think about it we are the ones who suffer. It’s also a shame the two organisations had to drag this out all this time. How did they not recognise the distress and trauma they caused. It’s funny because the tactics I’ve learned that abuser use were how I recognised their behaviour. Blaming and distracting. The changes will make a huge difference to vulnerable witnesses but still a long way to go. Onwards and upwards. ‘Be the change you want to see’ ❀

Daisy
      Participant

Well done KIP,
      Sad indeed that the services to help victims fall short when they are needed and matter the most.
      We often hear examples on here, so it is more of a common failing than just the odd occasion.
      Your additional fight to address this is truely admirable and indeed inspirational to others,
      Ladies, research and record what you should expect as an outcome , question if it falls short and even if you have to wait until later when stronger , voice your concern to change things for the others yet to walk the same path – because we have put up with enough already and because we do matter x x x

Serenity
      Participant

Thank you, KIP, for showing these people that survivors are strong and that we have a voice and won’t be silenced.

You’re fabulous. You deserve more than chocolates and wine- you deserve to be made a dame!

Ayanna
      Participant

Thank you KIP!
      You are incredibly amazing!
      I have tears of joy in my eyes right now. xxxxx

KIP.
      Participant

Thanks Ayanna, you and the other ladies on here give me inspiration. Onwards and upwards x

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content