Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      resilient
      Participant

we are as far away from abuse as we can be. maybe not as much as we could be. their father is (detail removed by moderator) to get to me and created malicious lies. i keep worrying that there may be something crucial that i have missed. we had no contact for some time and we flourished. i know i am not alone, that there are other resilient women(on this forum too!) That inspire me to keep on. i am struggling

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Resilient

This is a very anxious time for you and it is unfortunately normal behaviour for perpetrators to make up lies about women to try to make themselves look like the victim, just try to remember that you know the truth.

Get in touch with your local domestic abuse service for extra support if you haven’t already, and keep posting to let us know how you are.

Take care

Lisa

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Yes we are with you and believe you. He is an abuser thus a liar so don’t believe anything he says. I hope you can maintain the no contact to keep your sanity and continue flourishing 🌸💞

Fudgecake
      Participant

Well done for keeping no contact. Keep going with this as it’s the only way. Ignore his actions, he’s not your responsibility. Keeping you and your loved ones as far away from his toxicity is what you need to focus on now. Stay strong x

resilient
      Participant

thank you all. since nc i am remembering things that did not sit right with me at the time. there have been so many instances that i attempted nc and was unsuccessful. not including the times before then that i would try to break away! time can be a healer.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content