Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Busyditch
      Participant

Just wanted to find out approximately how long people spent in a refuge or safe house?
      I’m in the safe house and I can’t picture the future. I feel lost and afraid, I can’t get his voice out of my head. “We are only together because you would never cope alone”

Looking for reassurance. 🥺

Darcy
      Participant

Hi beautiful Angel… Busyditch,
      Use that voice to empower you… he said you’ll never cope alone… well now is your chance to prove him and yourself wrong.
      There is nothing that we can’t do, we just have to get focused and stay focused.
      You’ve got this my darling
      Sending you continued love and support
      Darcy xx

Busyditch
      Participant

I’m really feeling it at the moment. 😞

StrongLife
      Participant

Just replying to this post even though it is later.

I stayed first refuge for (detail removed by moderator) then moved to 2nd refuge for (detail removed by moderator) most of which I was in transitional housing then I moved out.

Decagon
      Participant

The future happens, day by day, you find it, sometimes by accident, sometimes by a smile, or an item given or one seen.

It takes time to see, and the – you can’t do it without me! – you CAN, you already are, and each day, that becomes less and less true, because he is not dragging you down.

I know, because I was told the SAME thing!! It is not true, in way, shape or form for you too.

I hope your situation has improved a little for you now, one step at a time, one day at a time, and the journey will continue, sometimes we have to stop, and observe the scenery, and the path we have trodden, to start again, to go where we fancy.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content