Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Bestchance07
      Participant

Hello all, thanks for all the support lovelies, as the title suggests, I did it, I am out!! In rental accomodation and have been for a few weeks, hence the silence on here. Kids coping ok, I can genuinly say I have had so much more quality time with them and my strained relationship with my youngest has improved so much. I know there will be ups and downs on the way but furnishing a place from scratch and providing a cosy warm home for them has made them both respect me more.
      Leaving was terrifying, still doubts in my mind how I will manage but we are out and safe xx

nbumblebee
      Participant

Huge well done sweetie thats amazing.
      Time to work on you now. Enjoy that freedom.
      Take care xxxxxxx

liftingthefog
      Participant

Your post brought a tear to my eye.
      Well done you, what a brave lady you are. I am just imagining you and your children together in your new ‘safe’ place full of love.🥰
      Xx

Ariadne
      Participant

Well done! You must feel so proud of yourself, and you deserve some peace. Enjoy your newfound freedom 🙂

searchingforhope
      Participant

Oh congratulations, well done. Glad things are better now.

I came on to post cause I’m in a spin as I’ve got a place lined up to rent, but struggling to find the strength to tell him I’m going and taking the kids. Terrified of what’s ahead by talking to him and by telling the kids.

Take care and good luck

Twisted Sister
        Participant

Hi searchingforhope,

Well done and congratulations that you have found somewhere, you need to put your strength into going, you will need it, all of it, please don’t waste an ounce of it looking back, or worrying about him, keep in mind why you are doing this…to get away from the horror, he owes you the world and more, and you owe him zero. The children’s safety and yours is way ,more important than his hurt feelz. I am sure you must have lost count of the many pains and injuries he has caused to you and your children. Look forward, and don’t look back.

warmest wishes

ts

Twisted Sister
      Participant

hi Bestchance07, it sounds lovely, well done. There’s something very comforting about creating a new home together, especially when its safe.

warmist wishes

ts

iliketea
      Participant

Oh wow!!! This is great news. You’ve made my day. I’m so happy and proud of you. Well done hun. X*x

iliketea
      Participant

You’ve come this far, you’ll manage, the rest is a walk in the park, honestly. There might be some annoying bits to sort but day to day that constant nagging pit of your stomach worry/fear/edginess/angst, it won’t be there anymore. Big big hug. And sending you strength for all that lies ahead. A cosy warm safe quiet home of your own for you and your children. Xx 😘

Kitkat44
      Participant

Brilliant news! So so happy for you, well done, sending love xx

Bestchance07
      Participant

Thanks ladies!! Been offline due to the recent storms disrupting everything but to log back in and read your supportive comments has made me smile.
      Its been a funny ole day, kids have been with their Dad for the weekend and my youngest keeps telling me how sad Daddy is and how I must not ever get another boyfriend as Daddy would be more sad. He was begging me to move back in with Daddy so things could go back to normal. I tried to explain that actually I was really sad for years and years but hid it from everyone as I didnt want the children to see my sad and worry
      But he just doesn’t believe me. Breaks my heart….his Dad could of killed him as a baby it was a stroke of luck that avoided disaster that day, yet I cannot tell him that. I don’t want to ruin the relationship he has with his Dad, but this is at detriment to myself. Thats a hard pill to swallow.
      Keep going ladies, you can get out too x

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content