Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I did something I deem brave…and during my time with my family I ventured into the local town and had coffee at a coffee shop with a friend 🙂

I felt nervous as I was waiting in the town centre with relatives for my friend but after that I felt fine, relaxed. Not on edge or anxious. It was definitely the right time for me to go back to my hometown and into the town centre and I’m so proud that I did it. Of course I had to clear it with my DC and wasn’t allowed to take public transport or be alone at all, but it still felt freeing and so good.

After all this time away, in a refuge, and too afraid to go back…I finally did it. I smelt the sea again <3 and it was amazing!

Love to all. LBP xx

Tamra
      Participant

Wow LBP

That’s fab and your courage is amazing well done.
      It can be a nervous racking experience so it’s fab you felt relaxed I’m so pleased for you

Hummmmm the smell of the sea too that’s just perfect

Big hug
      Xx

Thank you Tamra 🙂

Was definitely something that had to wait until it felt right, and it felt like the right time 🙂
      I have so missed the smell of the sea in the past few years since moving away x*x

Tamra
      Participant

I’m so glad you did it when YOU felt ready as that makes the experience even more powerful 😊

People are trying to make me do things I’m not not for yet and the more they push the harder it feels so I believe the best time is when you are ready.

Gosh you’ve been away for long time then? So glad you went and hope you can do it more often now 😊
      I love the sea and wished I could move by the sea but can’t do that till my youngest finished education which actually won’t be long.
      Xx

I think you have to be ready in yourself, never try to do something you’re not ready for…and there’s no rush.

I understand what you mean, when people are pushing you the worse it makes you feel.

Sounds very exciting – the world is your oyster! X*x

Falling Skys
      Participant

LBP

I am so proud of you xx I have tears of joy in my eyes.

x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content