Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      EbonyRaven
      Participant

I did it! I actually ‘phoned a help service. I really, really hate talking to people on the ‘phone, and am the world’s biggest procrastinator where any type of phone conversation is needed, so this is a massive triumph for me.

Got an appointment to go to a safe space and have my witness statement checked over by a solicitor, and get some advice on how to file it. Also going to discuss having someone to attend with me if necessary, for support.

Mostly the steps are tiny, minimal, barely noticeable, but this? This for me is a huge stride lol. I’m out of breath haha.

Thanks for all the support here, I don’t think I’d have managed to steel myself to dial that number without it.

KIP.
      Participant

Absolutely well done. You are doing the right thing. There will be mixed emotions but picture a path to your end goal and stick to that path. Don’t deviate. Just keep moving forward and you will get there. What a great start to 2019. Taking the power back feels good x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content