Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Tiffany
      Participant

I went rock climbing with friends. It was something I had discussed doing with my ex, but he had always vetoed it and persuaded me to do less active things which were more to his liking.

It was a double achievement because I have a health problem which makes exercising more difficult for me AND I overcame his voice in my head which would have had me cancel or watch from the ground because it was too much for me to cope with. I will absolutely pay in mounds of pain later, but I f******g did it.

KIP.
      Participant

Such adventures we can have when we are free. Well done for making great memories and erasing his…… 👍

Daisy
      Participant

glad you are now the one who decides what you do Tiffany, it’s wonderful to hear what we are really capable of , when the shackles of abuse are removed
      X x x

lover of no contact
      Participant

Well done Tiffany,

I like doing the OPPOSITE to what the abusers in my life want. I know it’ll always be in my best interest to do the opposite to what they want me to do. That’s my rule of thumb now… If my ex-husband (abuser) says do this (financial/kids ties only now), I do the opposite. That’s how I know what is in my best interest. The opposite to what he wants. He never wants what is best for me.

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

Tiffany, that’s brilliant! Onwards and upwards! I hope you’re not in too much pain now and hopefully your symptoms will improve the longer you are away from him and enjoying your life x
      LONC, that’s an excellent rule of thumb! X

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Well done Tiffany this is excellent, so positive and inspiring! I know exactly what you mean about people implying you can’t cope, both my mum and my ex did this a lot and I believed them. Last week I went to an industry event for the field I want to work on and loved it and coped with no problem at all, and I have future trips planned. It’s so great when we start to see our worth and realise our capabilities 🙂 xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content