Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Numbnumb
      Participant

Hi he has been gone a couple of months.I now feel ready to apply for divorce online. I’m hopefull we won’t need solicitors. Is the form difficult to tackle. I keep putting it off as I read Citizens advice will help you do the form properly so now I think maybe I can’t do it myself. I hope someone can tell me it was pretty straightforward . Thanks.

Beautifulday
      Participant

hi lovely I would advise you use a solicitor as these men will ALWAYS make it difficult. It may not seem so now but further down the line he may well do that. you need financial cut off and you really need a solicitor to help you with this.
      I wanted to do it myself but my friend who is a solicitor advised me not to. I know the cost is around £550 for divorce plus extra but if you find a good solicitor some will offer fixed fees and tell you up front what its likely to cost. When i eventually contacted a solicitor she told me so much more about the ins and outs that I never knew and glad I didnt do it alone.

She told me herself that he may seem like he isn’t bothered at the moment but if its not done correctly he will most definitely make it difficult and want to come back for another slice of the money pie.
      If you have pensions savings etc this all needs to be sorted and financially cut off to stop him further down the line gaining access which he can do this I know as my own parents divorced and my Dad tried doing this. You need things in place to stop this.

Numbnumb
      Participant

Thank you I will definitely heed your advice and seek one of those free first consultations Some solicitors offer. It’s true he seems fine now. He has OW to distract him but I think divorces take around a year? Especially with the lockdown backlog so I do wonder how his attitude will change over time.The family home is in my name , inherited when my mum passed. Where I bring up our kids and he has often snarled he will take it in a divorce nut I perhaps naive ly try to think that was just one of his toolbox of phrases designed to floor me and cause anxiety.Appreciate your informative reply.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content