Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Miles
      Participant

Hi
      I have been ready to leave for a while but only in the last few months have I contacted local IDVA for advice as well as WOmens Aid
      And my housing office
      The is refusing to leave (joint council tenancy) I have been told I will loose my right to tenancy when I leave
      I am finding it a nightmare to find a home to rent private
      But why should I have to leave with my child ?
      My emotions are a mess
      Angry, crying, then feel a sense of relieve because I know I’m ready to go
      It’s so hard to think he is stopping my child from remaining in his home
      A refuge is out of the question

Considering evicting him with LA help
      But he would come for me and my other children ( adult kids) he threats have been on going he is trying to break me and make me feel weak I know this
      But I’m still stuck 😳

Confused123
      Participant

Hi Hun

Sorry to hear of the scenario u are in, these men can drive us to the point of a breakdown, have u considered getting an occupation order where he has toleave the house and u get to stay cause of kids, if this is not option, i would strongly advise you to call the helpline and get in touch with support agenciwa that can offer u the right support.

THese men put us in the worst scenario, this is why we need support to make a plan

Miles
      Participant

Thanks for replying
      Yes I know they can be so manipulative
      I make steps to go then feel like it’s out on hold again due to his threats
      I apparently will mess things up for him
      Can you believe the s***t they come out with
      I’m determined to make a better life for me and my son but at what risk ?
      He always makes me believe he will react worse than ever if he is effected by me going
      I will get there just need to stay calm and work through it

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content