Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

So I’ve finally come to the realisation that I’ve been gaslighted the whole relationship. Memories keep flashing back and I feel so overwhelmed. He never loved me, he used me.
      I’ve gotten over the heartbreak stage but now I feel so angry. Why did I let it happen? How can these people live with themselves. I’m told not to blame myself and it’s not my fault but technically it is because there was so many times I could of ended it for good but I didn’t listen to my gut or anyone else for that matter.
      I’ve been told, being a victim of gaslighting is the same recovery as a prisoner of war?! I can’t stop thinking about all the terrible things he has done to me. I’m afraid I cannot move forward from this or friends get fed up with realisation? I’m so glad I’m out and safe but this is goin I be a long process and it scares me

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi there and welcome to the clan. It’s an awful blow to realise your partner had advised you. It’s hard for a good person to understand how someone’s could deceive them this way.
      There are some good books to help you understand why,they might help you a bit. Why does he do that by Lundy Bancroft and living with the dominater by patricia Evans. Have you looked up trauma bonding and how it affects you.
      Don’t be so hard on yourself, once you have some more information and read the ladies posts on here, you’ll get stronger.
      Leaving an abusive relationship is like a death. You have certain stages to go through with bereavement before you learn to accept the loved one had gone, it’s the exact same process with leaving abuse behind.
      Take care, you will get there.

IWMB 💕💕

KIP.
      Participant

I had decades of abuse. You can recover from this. You can live with it and manage it and learn from it. Through adversity we Grow stronger. We must be super human lol ✊️

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content