Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Hazydayz
      Participant

I was divorced from my children’s father (detail removed by moderator) ago. He was a drinker not abusive at the time I thought, mind you I was younger then. I do now, realise that was a form of abuse against marriage and parenting responsibilities, as I did feel all those years ago, but must have forgotten with time? I never planned to get married again, but (detail removed by moderator) later I did, I did not realise he would be turn out to be an abuser? But very different type! I will be divorcing him too! (Detail removed by moderator) was my 1st husband’s (detail removed by moderator), he has terminal Cancer (detail removed by moderator). I realised (detail removed by moderator), from speaking to his mum, he abuses her and always has secretly? How could I have not seen?? I just thought he was a difficult person to remain married happily to, back then! I still visit my ex mother in law occasionally, I felt for her (detail removed by moderator) as she lost her husband, my ex father in law (detail removed by moderator) and now, is facing losing her (detail removed by moderator) child very soon. I felt compassion for her and (detail removed by moderator) to show I understand what she must be going through and am thinking of her. Her son called her on the phone whilst I was there and I didn’t expect to hear what I did…I overheard him on the phone when he called his mum, he was vile! After, I comforted her as she was very upset, (detail removed by moderator), she confirmed he isn’t a very nice person inside. What could I say? It took me a lifetime to realise he IS an abuser too. I see this now as his lifetime is coming to an end. I can’t tell my daughter’s what he is, what he said to their much loved grandmother, they too are struggling with his life ending soon. I’m trying to support them all best I can, I’m in shock still, today, I WAS married to another abuser!! I’m still learning!!! But, Still don’t know the answers? Why?

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Hazydayz

I just wanted to show you some support, I am sorry to hear about your situation. It can take a long time to realise that you have experienced domestic abuse, it must be difficult to process.

It just shows what a kind person you are as you comforted his mum, and you’re a good mum for trying to support your daughters.

Take care and please keep posting,

Lisa

Hazydayz
      Participant

Thankyou Lisa for your support and kind words💐

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content