Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Benson
      Participant

This week has been really tough, all of a sudden the stress and strain of everything has suddenly hit me. The doctors say stress has suddenly caused me to temporarily loose vision in my eye. I feel awful, can’t move my neck. I think my body has been so strong for so long that it has finally given in. I really thought I was loosing it this week, been in and out of hospital. This has never happened before, I rarely usually go to doctors I am usually so strong and healthy, but I have kept going for so long. It’s a warning sign, I need to look after me.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi Benson, I’m so sorry you hear your news. We hear everyday that stress is a killer but how many of us actually listen? Please listen to your body. You’ve been through the mill as they say,
      Big hugs to you lovely
      IWMB 💕💕

lover of no contact
      Participant

Benson, I’m sure this is normal process of having been through what you’ve been through. The body keeps score as the book of that title so rightly says. Your body is telling you it needs lots of self-care, rest, water, food, treats, positivity, support to balance the trauma from the last few years. You’ve just fought a mighty battle. You have post battle fatigue. But we are resilient and will respond well to rest, good food etc. Our bodies are strong. These symptoms are red flags to easy does it in all areas of your life so you can make a full recovery.

Keep posting.

Benson
      Participant

Thank you ladies. I am taking it easy, I have to. At the moment I know I am not eating properly and not sleeping well so perhaps it has taken its toll. I am resting when I can and have found camomile tea a great relaxant! I think it’s the last court hearing that really knocked me sideways as I have struggled to pick myself back up. I will do and I know I can do this, I have a great job, an amazing little child, a wonderful home and the biggest thing is that I am free and at the moment safe!! Thanks again for all your support, I don’t think I would of made it without all of your words of encouragement and support.

lover of no contact
      Participant

You are so strong and resilient. You will make it. Someone the other day said to me about counting my blessings. I always feel better when I do. Although it can be hard when going through tough times. I’m trying to practice it more.

I too would definitely not have made it (dealing with an abuser) without others who had the knowledge of what we’re dealing with and shared their experience, strength and hope with me. I too will be forever grateful. I’d have never coped with the fear on my own.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content