Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lookforward5678
      Participant

Triggers … I feel so silly that something so simple can effect my whole day just sat eating dinner with a friend ate had something crunchy on my plate and the guilt just set in was I being too loud? Should I just bin it ? My ex would usually storm out to the point if bin my food if I ate too loudly or if I didn’t eat he would say how my eating effected him , lock me in a room and try and force me to eat and refuse to let me out until he did I eventually developed an eating disorder and lost a lot of weight I’ve left the relationship and that’s taken it’s toll but I have constant triggers and to people who don’t know what’s happened which is a lot would think silly even I feel silly feeling how I feel . Are there any tips of coping with triggers that anyone has felt useful ? Or does there come a time where they don’t effect as much of your day to day life?

gettingtired
      Participant

Hello, please don’t feel silly. It sounds horrendous what he did and what you must have gone through. I know the feeling of having to creep around and having to be quiet so as not to annoy him. It’s very anxiety inducing. I don’t really feel in a position to advise you as I haven’t left yet but have you tried being referred for therapy by your GP or through your local women’s aid? Xx

Lookforward5678
      Participant

My gp has referred me to a therapy team called (detail removed by moderator) ive had an assessment I’m just currently waiting on my first session. I’m already on medication but the gp didn’t recommend higher the dosage as a more recent incident happened after I had ended the relationship and the gp thought due to that incident it was only normal responses I was having and still am regarding flashbacks various triggers, not being able to concentrate and just having random episodes of being fine to breaking down for no reason. I hope your ok and I do know how hard it is to leave dispite all the pain and the hurting we still loved them.

Lookforward5678
      Participant

My gp has referred me to a therapy team called (detail removed by moderator) ive had an assessment I’m just currently waiting on my first session. I’m already on medication but the gp didn’t recommend higher the dosage as a more recent incident happened after I had ended the relationship and the gp thought due to that incident it was only normal responses I was having and still am regarding flashbacks various triggers, not being able to concentrate and just having random episodes of being fine to breaking down for no reason. I hope your ok and I do know how hard it is to leave dispite all the pain and the hurting we still loved them.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content