Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lifeincolour
      Participant

Hey every one , having a hard time dealing with the latest from him. Everything he does is always on calls and videos . And acts dumb in messages. It’s tearing me apart . Because I know no one will believe me 😔. I can’t stop crying, or thinking about everything .

Bananaboat
      Participant

Could you record the call/video on another device? Who do you want/need to believe you? x

Lifeincolour
        Participant

He got wise to me recording stuff so a lot of the time he tries to take my phone off me to delete things. I am going to get a second phone , I guess when I’m strong enough to speak to someone’s properly I fear no one will believe me. I just feel so sad trying to keep picking myself up everyday . It’s exhausting xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Lifeincolour,

I’m sorry you are going through such a hard time right now.

If you are constantly being emotionally abused when communicating with him, look at ways you can minimise or end all contact with him. Perhaps it would be useful to talk all this through and learn your options in this with a local domestic abuse worker. You can search for your local here. They can provide both emotional and practical support to help bring clarity for you in this situation on what to do. This is a free service, so use them on-going as you need.

For extra emotional support, perhaps you could try calling Supportline who offer confidential emotional support to reach people before they get to “crisis” point. They offer support by telephone, email and post. They work with callers to develop healthy, positive coping strategies, an inner feeling of strength and increased self-esteem to encourage healing, recovery and moving forward with life. They also keep details of counsellors, agencies and support groups throughout the UK. They cover a wide range of issues, including domestic abuse. They can also refer locally. You can contact them on 01708 765200.

I hope this is useful to you. Take care and keep posting to let us know how you are.

Lisa

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content