Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      savingthestars
      Participant

Hi dont suppose anyone knows if womens aid or anyone has started a zoom/skype/teams recovery programme? My daughter needs help

KIP.
      Participant

Hi there, if you ring the national domestic abuse helpline they may be able to help. Your local women’s aid and your GP are also good points of contact. I really hope you find something. The NSPCC have a helpline I’ve heard are great.

iliketea
      Participant

I heard Pat Craven the other day talking about how they’ve set up a Freedom programme online for kids. I would say contact your local DA agency for family support. Contact school too. And then depending on age, there are voluntary organisations that run mentoring programmes for over 8s sometimes over 11s, varies. Definitely ask GP as well as you might want to have an assessment carried out by a paediatrician but that depends on what you feel are the issues and severity too. I’ll post more ideas. I’m going through this at the moment. There is an organisation called the Trauma Recovery Centre and they have a lot of online resources too. Also if under 5 then definitely let your Health Visitor know and they will refer on for an assessment too, for Theraplay. xx

SeekingPeace
      Participant

The freedom programme for kids via zoom is what I’m about to embark on soon with my young children.

savingthestars
      Participant

am looking into theraplay atm, so will see how that goes

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content