Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Orangedolphin
      Participant

Thankfully I’ve recorded my dreams for years, not realising they would one day help me through the counselling process. Unpicking one of them helped me remember something I’d locked away and I felt – can’t think of the right word – not relieved, kind of justified, it validated the why of my trauma as it was a very traumatic and violent incident I remembered. Anyway I thought that was that, not had the dream for maybe 8 months and I thought it was gone. However, I just had it this weekend and it’s freaked me out. It made me think there is more locked away that I need to uncover before I can move on and recover. Has anyone else had similar? I don’t have counselling until later this week and needed a bit of help and maybe/probably reassurance

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Orangedolphin

I just wanted to show you some support tonight, it sounds like counselling has really helped you to work through your past trauma and it sounds really difficult to be experiencing these dreams. I hope you find the forum a supportive place to keep sharing what you are going through.

Take care and keep posting

Lisa

fridges
      Participant

I tell my dreams to my therapist and some of them were really awful, like the horror movies. To me it usually happens around 4 am and I also heard from my friend and family, that I can be sobbing. Your dreams are indicators – pay attention to them. Also for the future, if you will be seeing them, it means you can be not at the right situation for yourself. Nightmares are the signs, that it is not all good in our life.
      You will start to uncover when you will be ready, and some thing will just pop in the memory, what you have suppressed. At least it happened to me. During the sexual assault I was so dissociated and some things, I can not remember well. Some of these will come in the form of a nightmare.
      Keep working on your wounds, by doing so you will be able to start the journey of recovery. Hope you will get the right therapist, who will help you and support you.

Orangedolphin
        Participant

Thank you, I do have the right therapist. I was disturbed by the recurring dreams but I feel much better than I did when I posted this. I’m prepped and ready to discuss it all at my session later this week.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content