Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      TeaTeaTea
      Participant

Anyone have any experience of this? Any idea what will happen next?

I’ve phoned MASH, children services, etc. myself, along with local DA services, and I keep getting told it doesn’t warrant immediate action. My therapist phoned on my behalf today and they’ve asked her to make a referral. I spoke to them yesterday and was told the situation wasn’t what they dealt with and I should seek low level support.

I wanted the information about my partner to come from me, but now I feel that it’s been taken out of my hands.

maddog
      Participant

I was referred to MASH and really not much happened. Someone went to speak to the children a few times and then we were let go.

Have you done a DASH form? You may have done one with Women’s Aid. DASH is used to gauge risk in domestic abuse. Risk changes and you may have been considered at that time that you were low risk.

None of us would choose this path, and it’s certainly treacherous. Please remember that every step of the way, someone else will have trod. We are not alone and our backs are being held.

TeaTeaTea
      Participant

Thank you for your reply.

We’ve been passed to the early help team, who are going to send a letter to my house (or are planning to, but I phoned up today, found out, and I’ve requested for this not to happen).

He’s got angry about me pulling him up on behaviour toward our daughter before, so I’m thinking if this letter appears, and he sees it, then it won’t go down well.

My partner hasn’t opened post before, but will ask what letters are, and kind of has an ‘everyone can open the post’ attitude, so I’m not confident that he definitely would not open it, which would be difficult for me to explain.

Is it normal for them to send letters?

Having been advised to not make my partner aware of steps I take towards leaving, and working hard to keep everything hidden, I’m annoyed about this. Am I overreacting?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content