Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

👋 hello 👋

I have used this forum to comfort me before but never posted.
      I broke up with my boyfriend after emotional abusive recently. We have stayed in the same flat together for a month now. At first we avoided each other but were pleasant. A few times he got angry and I had to stay at a friends.

Now he acts like we are together and confuses me sometimes I wish none of this was happening and we could still be together. I feel like I repeat myself I’ve told him so many times I can’t be with him because he scares me sometimes, because I’m afraid to stand up for myself sometimes and each time I explain this to him it shocks him and he gets annoyed. He even admitted he was being domestically violent once but a few days later I realised he thought it was only once not the entire relationship. I’ve told him he needs help and shouldn’t be with anyone until he talks to someone professional he says he can’t change. He’s working on it himself. He makes it seem like I’m the one walking away from us.

I’m taking a holiday for a month so I can get away from it all and relax. I’m worried he will contact me lol the time and remind me of him. He has guilt tripped me before into going home early from holidays I have taken alone.

I now question if I’ve been in control this whole time and if it’s me who can’t stand up for myself.

Thanks for reading x*x

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, you say he’s been so angry you had to stay at a friends. This in itself should be raising huge red flags. Can you contact your local women’s aid. Its not safe for you to be around him. They don’t accept rejection well. Please move out without telling him. You can block his number or better still change your number and use this holiday to clear your head.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Can you block his number or change your number? Companies are very good at helping you to change your number and then you can send it to those who you want to have it. Please don’t cut your holidays short for him.

J@jmum
      Participant

I did the same and lived with my abusive ex after braking up- take my advice and leave!!
      He got worse and more physical as he was losing control and he tried to attack me with a blade.
      It will only get worse trust me! It seems easier to stay as you are but it isnt

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content