Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      kitty
      Participant

Applying for divorce, and finding out he was stalking me online is getting too much for me today. I’ve been depressed since I found his fake social media account (feeling violated like I did when he forced himself on me) and even though I love my new partner, I feel like running away. I have shut him out, and I know I’m doing it……but I can’t seem to stop! I have issues over the house I own with my ex, issues over our joint account, which I’m starting to sort out as I thought I was strong enough, but I think I was wrong. I’ve had nightmares, and I am jumpy all of the time. I seem to be combining the memories of HIM with the life I have now and my lovely fiancé is the one who is getting hurt by it. I’ve been all over the place mentally. I’ve felt suicidal. Why am I reacting to my fiancé as if he is the abuser? He has done nothing to deserve this……..maybe he is better off if I leave? Maybe I push good men to the limit until they become abusive? I’ve been horrible to live with lately and I’m starting to think maybe I am a difficult person to be around. This all started when I found out my ex was going back to court for yet more sex offences…….. What is wrong with me?

Ayanna
      Participant

You may have PTSD. That is hard to come by. Do you have therapy?

kitty
      Participant

No I don’t but I did have an assessment of sorts last year. It didn’t diagnose anything.

Ayanna
      Participant

They did not do it thoroughly enough. Get another assessment. Abuse causes a lot of damage and it takes long to function normally again.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content