Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ladyforlorn
      Participant

I feel physically ill. As mentioned in other posts I am currently in hospital and he is responsible for my two older children. I am so frightened he is going to find out and will either hurt himself or kidnap them and I will never see them again. Or of course that he will hurt me but I’m not so bothered about myself. Have I done the right thing?

KIP.
      Participant

I believe you have done the right thing. Did you tell the police about your concerns for their welfare? Not sure what age they are but you need to look after yourself just now. I always remember when the stewardess tells us to put our own oxygen mask on before we help others. That’s what you need to do before you can help your children. Put your own oxygen mask on, breathe some fresh air, get yourself well and build that support bubble around you x do you have support from women’s aid?

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Ladyforlorn

I just wanted to show you some support, I can see KIP has given you some great advice.

You have done the right thing, please try to focus on getting yourself better, take one step at a time.

Take care and keep posting to let us know how you are,

Lisa

Needyou
      Participant

You HAVE done the right thing! I have aldo fineally reported my ex abuser to the police. I feel ur pain as i too am so scared for mine an my childrens familys life but im getting help. He wont be able to hurt us any more an urs wont be able to hurt u again. Its so hard an painfull but i no i have done the right thing an you do too. Xxxx sending so much love your way i hope ur ok. Stay strong you doing the right thing.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content