Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Daff
      Participant

How did you know it was the thing to do, report them. Ive been going back and forth and every time i start to build up the courage, i find reasons not too. I have started to remember things that happened which i thought was normal because i needed to make him happy but i know it wasnt now. If you have reported how did it make you feel, are you glad you did it. I need to able to move on but how

KIP.
      Participant

I reported him and although it was terrifying it was also empowering. Have you used Claire’s Law to find out if he has any previous? If you make a statement and another woman ask the police if he’s an abuser, your statement will be there. Also, if enough women report him it’s corroboration. Talk to victim Support about reporting anonymously if you want to. The thought of my ex walking away free to do it again was something I couldn’t let happen so now he’s on the police radar and he has a criminal conviction. He picked on the wrong victim here x concentrate on getting stronger x do what you feel is right for you x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content