Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      WillIreallygo
      Participant

Hello ladies,
      I’m reading a lot of posts last few days and it came to my attention that advise is to report abuse to my GP.
      Could someone please tell me why and what GP can actually do in that matter?

Eggshells
      Participant

It depends on your GP. When I first reported it my GP wrote it in my notes and passed it yo their designated safeguarding lead. The DSL did a risk assessment.

I’ve moved alot since then but each GP has already seen it in my notes and it gives th and understanding of how to help me without having to ask for details.

Some GPs will give you details of your local dv charity.

Most importantly they have a record which can be used by the police if necessary. They will also make a note of any injuries that you might present with in the future especially if you’re reporting physical or sexual abuse.

WillIreallygo
      Participant

Thank you for the answer.
      The only one thing that boders me the most, I’m worried what will happen to him when I will report it…
      How come he was hurting my feelings and emotions so many times but I have doubts. In my head is that he don’t deserve being arrested etc. I’m fearful that I will destroy his live.
      It’s so hard to begin official process and be free off controlling and demanding relationship.

Brokensoul
      Participant

Hey lovely, I did actually contact my GP because I was feeling very low and explained that it was due to the fact I was in a controlling relationship and he sent me the link to refer myself for councilling firstly, unfortunately when they tried to contact me for an assessment my son was in hospital so I missed the call however another thing the GP had to do was inform child services as I have kids and I know how scary that sounds because as soon as the words were used I felt this lump in my throat but they have been a HUGE support, I can’t say anything has changed with regards to our relationship yet however they are very aware of everything that has gone on and have put plans in place to try and improve things, for example they are requesting we both have mental health support which I know personally will benefit me massively because I think what I struggle with is being strong enough to get myself out of this situation, they are seeing my children at their school regularly so of there are any worries or concerns they have they can be open about it and my social worker has built a lovely relationship with my older 2 so they feel comfortable with her enough to share their feelings, as for what will happen to my partner, they can’t physically do anything at this stage accept offer him help, if the abuse is more physical then there is a chance the police could step in, I had an incident a few weeks ago where he threw my phone against a wall and for that I did have police turn up at my door asking if I wanted to press charges, after all the questions they asked they came to the conclusion alot of what he was doing he could have been charged for and even locked up however I told them I didn’t want to and it was left like that, I think the GP will be more focused on you and building your self esteem/self confidence up giving you back your voice and in my opinion if we all had a little bit more strength and self worth these men wouldn’t stand a chance! I know personally I’m not even half the women I used to be, good luck with whatever you decide sweetie! Remember everyone wants to help you and you are the most important person in all this x

WillIreallygo
      Participant

I’ve done that, I’ve called the doctors today and told him that I’m suffering with anxiety because of my marriage. I didn’t tell him too much of the details but I said that I’m struggling and need a help. I got referred to mental health care and I need to ring them.

@brokensoul
      thank you for your answer, you all are extremely helpful and I really appreciate that ♥️
      I’m scared but what keeps me going is the fact that I’m not alone ♥️
      THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH 💙

Brokensoul
      Participant

Awww I’m soo glad you took the first step! Your sooo strong sweetie, You might not feel it, I know I don’t but honestly just knowing there’s some support makes a difference, my mental health journey hasn’t exactly started yet but there’s been alot of talk about it so fingers crossed we will both get the self confidence boost we deserve soon, your 100% not alone! ❤️

WillIreallygo
      Participant

@brokensoul I keep fingers crossed for you as well 🌹🙏 I’m so glad this forum is here 😊

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content