Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Watersprite
      Participant

Hi I’m in the process of reporting the ex monster. I can’t bear it if he does what he has done to me and my family to another family. Really lucky that we are well supported by services at the moment. But really afraid of the risk from him that he will find us threats of hitmen and worried about legal process and so many bad experiences of police/ CPS on here. And worried how I keep safe and rebuild if it’s dropped. Police and IDVA say I’ve done the most protective thing – but I’m anxious. Can anyone relate? Is anyone pleased they reported? Thank you

Same-again
      Participant

I am considering doing so (making a statement). I keep changing my mind. Such an array of different feelings come up. I look forward to reading posts from any ladies who have taken that step. It seems daunting tbh and they’ve said they’d need to take my phone off me for analysis.

The police have been great so far in that they’ve not put pressure on me or anything. They seem really supportive.

Hope you get some positive posts or at least informative. xx

KIP.
      Participant

Yep I reported and he was convicted. Gather support round you from agencies like victim support. It’s going to bring anxiety because you’re poking the bear but with time you will rebuild your confidence. I would have regretted walking away. It was a struggle at times but I did absolutely everything I could to bring him accountability. Even if I failed I know I could have found closure in the fact that I did my best and my statement will always be there should another woman need it to support her or to warn her. It was also my way of saying I’m not keeping quiet anymore. He stole my voice for years but now I’m using it and he can’t stop me. X

tavarish
        Participant

Hello KIP,
        Thanks a lot for your comment, it really empowered me to do the report. I called the police last year but then I froze on what to do, I am still really scared on what the outcome is going to be. But you are right, even if he doesn’t get convicted, it is important just to make the statement and speak out on what happened.

Watersprite
      Participant

Thank you same again apart from a bad 101 experience police have been good so far too. I was the same couldn’t decide what to do they said in their experience once you make your mind up either way you will feel better. Good luck with everything whatever you decide x
      Thank you Kip your bravery shines so brightly and your voice is loud and being heard and is an inspiration – and I know how hard the journey is to get there. I need to know I have tried everything to protect my family and others. It is scary because poking an angry bear is EXACTLY what it feels like. Thank you for your encouragement x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content