Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Neueranfang
      Participant

This week has been a rollercoaster of emotions.Dealing with police, social services.The first week of being a single mum and all the worries and fears that come with it.I’ve took a huge step and finally confided in one of my work colleagues yesterday and I told management today about the abuse but also asked to get some time off so I can process things etc.
      I feared the humiliation but my work colleague has been amazing and understanding and I feel like it is a weight off my shoulders.Tomorrow I will speak to (detail removed by Moderator) and my gp and hopefully things will get better in time.

KIP.
      Participant

Well done you. It takes incredible strength to survive abuse so focus that strength now on your recovery. Most people are really understanding. Some don’t understand the dynamics of abuse but they understand you’re in pain and turmoil. It’s only our exes that lack empathy x good riddance to bad rubbish x you’re doing great. Imagine someone telling you what they’ve been through as your story. You would be shocked and offer help where you can x that’s the way most people are x

Neueranfang
      Participant

Yes you are right.Both my colleague and boss reacted really positively.They were both shocked but thanked me for reaching out and offered me their full support.Such a weight off my shoulder but I’m still worried.Next week is going to be horrendous.I have to drop the kids to school which is gonna be stressful as the headteacher probably will want to speak to me regarding social services and my Ex hasn’t been arrested yet so I hope he won’t turn up.Once they are at school and I’m back in the car I will be so relieved.Then I’ve got an appointment with my gp and (detail removed by Moderator) will ring to do a risk assessment.Feeling anxious

Bettertimesahead
      Participant

I am so pleased to read this. Well done on taking those first steps

gettingtired
      Participant

Well done, that was so brave of you to do and great that your work colleagues have been supportive 💕

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content