Ayanna
      Participant

I got my own roses from the garden.
      No one needs to give me flowers.
      Soon I will have lilies in many colors.
      Men are not needed and not welcome.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Thank you for sharing with us Ayanna. Your garden sounds lovely!

Ayanna
      Participant

Thank you Lisa!

I have roses too Ayanna, and I planted them myself in a difficult area to reach, they are giving me so much pleasure this year and my daughter cannot stop smelling the ones I put in a vase on the dining room table, their fragrance is beautiful and the colours wonderful. Enjoy your beautiful roses, I will think about you when I cut some more. Men are not needed to enjoy the delights of gardening and flowers. xx BJ

Ayanna
      Participant

Thank you Bridget 🙂

Serenity
      Participant

My garden is big and had some lovely mature hedges and rose bushes, but it also works as a football pitch for my sons.

I have a lovely pergola at the bottom, which has a vine growing on it. This year, I think there will be a good amount of grapes.

We have a circle of stones on the end rockery, which works as a camp fire, and where we can toast marshmallows.

It’s hard to look after the garden, but once I am out there snipping and cutting, I feel at peace. I live close to the sea, so have gulls watching me from the roof.

When my sons are grown and have flown the nest, I will buy a little cottage with a lovely courtyard garden. I will drink tea from vintage China cups and I will have wisteria and camellia growing everywhere.

In the book ‘To Kill a Mocking Bird’ a character survives a life of abuse and imprisonment by tending a single red camellia in a pot in her window. It gives her such joy and peace to tend this plant.

Plants give me such joy, and gardening. I feel at one with the Earth, and I forget I am part of this fast world with its confused values.

🌹🌺🌸

Ayanna
      Participant

Wow, Serenity. Thank you for that. I love camellias too and I like wisteria. I can imagine how this place will look like! My property is rented and I cannot plant much there. But one day I want to have a little hut by the sea and grow camellias too! 🙂
      I only want a small place and lots of outdoor space.
      Maybe I can build a hobbit house one day, that would be my ideal home.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content