Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lazarus17
      Participant

I’m sad because logging back on after some time, I’m reading the same stuff in the threads as years ago – I’m always amazed there are so many struggling. I don’t know why – I know abusers are gonna do what they do best. 😞 Stay strong everyone 😘

But I’m also sad and scared – my home (which I thought I’d lose) became my only safe refuge. (Stalking) Recently my adult nephew came to stay with me – and he’s now caught Covid. I’ve tested negative so far – but my anxiety has gone thru the roof. I’m a bit of a germophobe, not obsessive I don’t think, but getting there. It’s just home doesn’t feel safe now!
      Does this make sense to anyone?

Lazarus17
      Participant

Sorry to poster Scared and sad – I didn’t realise that my post title reversed your username – and I don’t know how to edit it!

Scared and sad
      Participant

That’s not a problem. I chose the name as it summed up how I feel. That’s how you are feeling now. I hope the new year brings us all better days. Keep strong.

AlchemistMoon
      Participant

I completely relate to illness/germs making your home feel unsafe, it’s a horrible feeling on top of everything else. I think the way you’re feeling is totally justified. Hang on in there, this bit will be over quickly and hopefully you’ll feel able to back on track again quickly.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content