Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Packing up his stuff this weekend. My niece is helping me. Makes it all feel so final. My heart is breaking:(

KIP.
      Participant

I know how you feel but one day you will look back and see it was the best thing that could have happened to you. He’s not your problem anymore and your heart will heal. You will become stronger and wiser. Just take baby steps and remember there is only one person to blame. Abuse always gets worse. You deserve better. Try giving yourself a mantra. I am strong and I will get through this. I am worth much more than him. It’s my right to be safe from abuse.

keep going. I feel this is a healthy sign, no matter how much it hurts
      you are a living, breathing human being.
      Well done for coming so far
      all best
      ftc
      x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

I’m glad to hear you have someone helping you Landy,it was a bit overwhelming in your last post. You are doing really well, I so wish I had your strength.💞💞

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you, all.

IWMB, I’m not that strong. He got arrested because someone else called the police and his bail conditions stipulate that he can’t contact me.

I think you just have to be ready to do this and I was ready. I just couldn’t go on living that way indefinitely. Like I’ve said on here before, I could cope with the physical abuse. It was the emotional abuse that got me. And there was never any affection to offset it by the end. But I never stoped loving him or wanting him to help him face his demons. He just saw no need to and I’m not sure that he ever will.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content