Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Iwantmeback
      Participant

South Ayrshire council in Scotland are the first in Europe to introduce up to 10 days paid leave for survivors of domestic abuse.I’m not sure if it was for their employees or people who work in South Ayrshire but it’s a start and This will help to attend councelling meetings, organise their lives after leaving or in getting out. I hope this is the first of many councils taking this up throughout not just Scotland but the world over.
      đź’•

diymum@1
      Participant

its certainly progress! were getting there slowly but surely 🙂 i really hope we start to see change across the board. i hope they address the family court and the effect this has on children also parent abuse caused by witnessing dv. hope they educate our next generation xx luv diy

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

This is great news! We know that 10 days won’t cover it but the just the mere fact that they acknowledge that domestic abuse is exhausting and needs recovery time puts the discussion on the table and opens the door to more discussions and awareness in all the fields.
      Well done Scotland yeah!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content