Viewing 37 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Someone had mentioned that it’s hard to access this thread since it’s so long. So I decided to make a Part 2 here. Hopefully people will bump the Part 1 up now and then so people can read there. I think it’s all quite lovely myself. I’m copying my first post so newbies get a gyst of what it’s all about. And of course they can refer to the other one…….. So here goes! We do have a brilliant time here don’t we? Being our sassy, wonderful, wicked selves sometimes! LOL! Hey, if anyone has the right to be pampered and let our hair down and blow out the pipes – it’s us so enter here and just be “you”. Here’s the first post explaining what this place is all about… Blessed be the souls that pass through these doors….

Ok, I am a writer and I do things like this but, it’s fun, so I do it! We can’t really meet each other face to face but we can bond together here which is very wonderful and extremely powerful so I thought, why not, create a kind of virtual world where we all have a hand in creating it? What it looks like, feels like, smells like, what’s going on, being cooked, whatever? Like we have our own little place where our imagination (my favorite word besides inspiration) can bond us together even tighter and lift all of our spirits. So I’ll start……chime in, add whatever to the landscape, keep the fires burning!

It’s a little cottage out back, on my grandparent’s property they left to me. Was thick with brambles and such, I cleaned it up and painted it blue! White shutters, flower boxes on either side of the front door. I allowed some vines to grow on the little house. Keep them cut. Jasmine grows well and circles around the other vines and posts on the front porch. Lilac and lavender as well. I just plant flowers wherever, it’s basically a crazy garden all way around because I just want color everywhere and no, it doesn’t have to be in neat little rows!

3 rooms inside. One big living area/kitchen where we can all congregate. Nice fireplace. BIG fluffly couches, TONS of pillows, we women love our pillows to cuddle with, stuffed animals too, a basket full of cozy socks and blankies, One room in the back where there’s a huge comfy bed if someone needs to curl up and be left alone. I made a really nice waterfall in there. Low lighting, Great CD’s for relaxation and a couple of cats who love nothing better than to curl up with you! Aromatherapy is available as well. Heating pads, ice packs in the fridge, and a dart board. Put whatever face on it and have at it. Also in the small fridge is really wonderful nutritional snacks, water, etc.

Of course the bathroom with the old tub on legs. Candles all over the place. BIG fluffy rugs. A tiny little stove where you can put the kettle on if you like. Have a cuppa while lounging in the bath. Keeps you nice and toasty as well. A couple of robes hanging on the door that you’d like to live in…. Of course all kinds of herbs and aromatherapy everywhere. Make your own delight! A massage table for those who want one. Quite sure there are people who know how here. I do.

In the living/kitchen area…….it’s just alive in here. The walls are waiting to be decorated with everyone’s favorite whatever. I don’t care, here’s the hammer and nails, go for it. The couches and chairs were handpicked. Not all new, just so comfy you want to curl up in them. Throws everywhere, pillows, wonderful rugs and in the kitchen, got the kettle on ALL the time. Today I threw together something blueberry. I think it’s a muffin thing, all I know is they are yummie. Threw in some chocolate chips…

There’s a piano, guitars, drums for the drumming circle out back, a couple of flutes and a violin. Out back there is a jacuzzi, a drum circle like I said, tons of flowers and wonderful places to sit and have private conversations, great smells going on out there, tons of birds, squirrels, little animals saying hello. A babbling stream not far away…

And last but not least, a shed out back a ways where artists can do their thing or people can rage against something however they want to. I personally love splattering paint at high velocity to a wall that I built so women could do that. RAGE ON!! Here’s the paint and have at it!!

Stop by and stay awhile, say hello. Cook something in the kitchen, warm yourself by the fire, play some music, do some art out back or curl up in the big bed and just find peace and rest for yourself. We will keep you company and tend the fire for each other. That’s what Sisterhood is all about, huh? You’d be surprised what using your own creativity can do for a wounded soul… Try it. Take your shoes off, stay awhile.

Hazydayz
      Participant

Hmmm…being our wicked selves sometimes? And blessed be?… holy smoking campfires! lol

littledove
      Participant

Thank you Braelynn for your welcome in Part 1, it sounds wonderful

Thank you for the idea with the shaving foam and food colouring, my little girl will love that!

I’ve just dropped by, have got some eggs on for anyone who wants them (scrambled, boiled, fried, poached), and have cooked up some nice crispy bacon as well.
      Kettle is on also, brewing a nice warm cup of coffee.
      Weather is a little better this morning, the sun is hiding behind some nice white fluffy clouds. Still rain-droplets on the windows, and beads of it on the grass and plants.
      There’s a few puddles my little girl will love to splash in with her wellies – hey I may join her after breakfast.

littledove
      Participant

I have also brought along a basket of mini choc muffins for anyone who fancies them 😊

Hazydayz
        Participant

littledove, Now that’s tempting! Yes please, I’ll have just one! Thankyou🍩🍪 (no muffin emoji)

littledove
      Participant

How did we all sleep last night?
      I finally stuck to my word and got an early night, and I am in a much better mood today than what I was yesterday.

What’s everyone’s plans for today?

I am going shopping for some new clothes for my little girl and spending quality time with her on my day off 😊 then I will probably pop back here for some wind-down time before bed

Hazydayz
        Participant

Yep! Well rested today and off to choose my new car! Hmm…but which one?🚙🚗🏎️

Wants To Help
        Participant

Hi Hazydayz,

Now you know how these con artists work, make sure you don’t get ripped off on your new car! You give that salesman a run for his money and make sure you put him through his paces, then walk away just when he thinks he’s struck the deal… 🙂 He’ll negotiate a bit better later, those four other people who were interested in it are all mythical…

Hazydayz
        Participant

Yes! WantsToHelp you have to take everything said with a big serving of salesman! Me and the salesman good buddies though! Sorted him last time! Got him now purring like a pussycat when I see him & left him doing my bidding lol to order the dream car of MY choosing! 🚗 brumm…but, not before I had him running circles round me serving complimentary coffee, & biscuits! & opening doors for me on my way out! Bless him? lol

littledove
        Participant

Aw great! How exciting, did you find one?

Hazydayz
        Participant

Hi littledove, yes I found my car…a fast one! 🏎️ For a fast getaway….lol no man catch me!lol 💞

littledove
        Participant

Haha great news! And great attitude girl! 💞

Hazydayz
        Participant

😘

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Girlies! Yummers! Loved the breakfast! Still munching… So glad you guys are in a good mood. I like it when everyone is all fluffed up, spunky and smiling. I’m going to bring Gypsy up from the barn and hitch her outside here. She needs a bath, brushed and all that. Her long mane and tail is so pretty, I love brushing it or braiding it. She’s a black and white Gypsy Vanner for those who don’t know. She has a black mane and tail. The sweetest horse ever and a good friend of mine. She like being around everyone. Just give her love and some hay, apples and carrots and she’s good! She will nibble on you but that means she likes you….

littledove
        Participant

A full moon is out tonight, it’s brisk and there is a fresh breeze.

The stars are twinkling high in the sky. No cloud in sight.

Braelynn can you teach me how to ride Gypsy? I love horses. She’s beautiful! I’ve brought her an apple and I’m petting her beautiful mane and rubbing her nose. She’s just lovely.

A riding lesson sounds fantastic right now to get me feeling free and energised if you’re feeling up to it?

Then we can head indoors to cosy up by the fire with some hot chocolate with marshmallows and whipped cream on top!

iliketea
      Participant
      Wants To Help
      Participant

Hey @littledove, hope you’ve got some bacon left, I’m starving and could murder a bacon sarnie with some brown sauce! I’m on my way 🙂

littledove
        Participant

Hey I left some in the fridge just needs heat up 😊

Really in the mood for some with pancakes and maple syrup now ha!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Haaa, Ha, Ha! The bacon smell has brought in a family of racoons. The cats or up high surveying things. Ut oh! I think the best thing is to give them some but take it out back and hopefully they will follow. Guess we have to close the screen doors when cooking bacon from now on! LOL! Little rascals. Don’t want them getting into a squabble with the cats. Although one of my cats that’s half c**n cat and manx could probably take them all on. Max is quite the king here. He’s ready to pounce so have to get them out of here now!

Coming back for my bacon sandwich!! Got fresh tomatoes to go on! Fresh bread too!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Of course Littledove, I can teach you but really Gypsy will. Nothing much to it. I just boost you up on her and prefer to teach you without reins. She’s good with that. Once you feel comfy around each other we will do that. She’s very intuitive. They always are if treated well. Just get to know her. Lay down in her shavings with her when she’s down, she likes that. They sleep standing up you know so they are down for long and if they are something is usually wrong.

Hazydayz
      Participant
        1st of July and I feeel…. goood!🤩🏎️
        Wants To Help
        Participant

I knew that you would! (der der der der der der duh!)

Is it that sort of “I’ve got a new car and I’m so excited” feeling? And you just can’t hide it?

🙂

Hazydayz
        Participant

Yes! It’s a big decision made! I hate having to make decisions. & No! it’s that sort of thing like I got the car I wanted not the car the salesman might want me to buy! & I got a new car that’s mine! All mine! 🚘

Hazydayz
        Participant

I can drive anywhere I want to when I want to. I’ll drive over to the cottage sometime, anyone want a lift? let me know.

littledove
        Participant

I love the freedom you are feeling! I will take your offer for a lift, thank you!

I spent so much time with Gypsy last night, she makes me feel so calm.

Just popped in for a warm bath with a good book. Got the bubble bath, bath salts, the candles on, with an ice cold glass of rosé wine. Even got a face mask on.
        Got the nice cosy dressing gown hanging and the slippers sitting for me to wear when I’m done.
        There’s soft white noise playing too.
        Wonder if I could have a back massage once I’m done in the bath.

Just the wind down time I need!

Hazydayz
        Participant

🙂 Anytime little dove! Just let me know and I’ll pick you up and we’ll take to the road! Going gently up & down hills and country lanes, roof down and wind through our hair! All our troubles blowing away! 💞

littledove
        Participant

Music blaring, singing at the top of our lungs as well 🎶💞

littledove
      Participant

Anyone want to join me in the jacuzzi with some Prosecco later on? Is there strawberries to accompany the Prosecco?
      I have a swim costume with me.

Such beautiful scenery around to watch in the night in the jacuzzi and wonderful sounds of the crickets and owls in the night sky. I’m excited.

Hazydayz
        Participant

Be with you soon! Did you see that moon!? 🌔

Eggshells
      Participant

@littledove, I’d love to join you but could I borrow your little girl for a while first please? I need to put my mummy shoes on today, hold a tiny hand, paint with shaving foam and food colouring, listen to squeaky little chatter about lovely, innocent things, get covered in glitter (which is a must for messy play). I picked up a chocolate lolly for her from Thorntons. I love the way kids eat them; total silence but for the sound of munching chocolate, the fixed concentration on their faces as they plough through it and the inevitable chocolatey face when they’ve finished eating. I’ll put an apron on her so her new clothes don’t get ruined. I spotted a muddy puddle earlier on too. I can put her in her wellies and waterproof trousers and we’ll go and have a stomp around in it. I’ll sort out her meals, what does she like to eat? Then I’ll snuggle her up in bed with a bedtime story – can’t go wrong with a bit of Roald Dahl and when she’s settled I’ll pop down to the jacuzzi and join you to round off a perfect day.

littledove
        Participant

Of course you can, she loves making friends, she’s so funny, loves making others giggle. She loves big bear hugs too. She doesn’t stop blabbing away. She loves making loads of mess so can enjoy some painting and some play-dough fun out in the shed. She loves a musical instrument as well, loves to dance and sing away to music.
        Thank you! She loves chocolate (just like her mum)!
        And she has such fun splashing in puddles so that’s ideal.
        She loves runny egg with toast, she loves bananas and she loves mac and cheese or a big pot of mild chilli!
        And story time is her favourite! Little bookworm she is!

Sounds prefect!

Hazydayz
        Participant

Aaww…Your little girl sounds so perfectlty lovely 💝

littledove
        Participant

Aww thank you, she really is so sweet, she just wants loved by everyone the wee soul 💛

Mind you she does have her moments lol

She is as mad as a hatter, she’s bonkers haha, the things she gets up to are comical

Eggshells
      Participant

Fantastic. Runny eggs and chilli then. Sounds like we’re going to get on like a house on fire. Enjoy your relaxing day. xx

littledove
        Participant

Thank you a spa day would honestly be a treat with sauna, and a few cocktails would go down a treat lol!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Oh I’m in for the spa day! Got my suit on, got my rubber duckie…don’t let Max the cat see it though because he hates the sound it makes, gives me a big Hisss for it! Got bubbles we can blow, stuff for cocktails on the bar, veggies, dip, fruit, chicken stew, homemade bread, leftover chili and blackberry cobbler from the vines out back with cream in the fridge! Skooch over, I’m coming in!

Hazydayz
      Participant

I hear there’s a party here tonight? Count me in! Bumping for all to see💞

Tobfree
      Participant

hi ladies
      sounds like a fantastic party it will be such a laugh with us all
      so many lovely kind hearted strong lovely ladies on here xxxxx
      it feels like home at the cottage home baked foods and lovely drinks and lots of laughter and good company
      im hopeless at baking lol so i will bring lots of party nibbles and crisps etc
      so what music shall we listen too or shall we have a few mixed tapes with every bodies fav songs on so we all get to listen to each others fav songs as well as our own .
      we could dance the night away lol maybe we should have a karaokie machine so we can take turns at siging or reciting poetry we wrote ,as i cant sing i sound like a cat in pain lol lol .
      what else shall we do ladies
      and one day im sure we will do this for real and meet up with each other xxxxx
      i also imagine a real sactuary cottage for a hoslistic healing retreat is possible for us ladies after all we are amazing incredible ladies so talented so incredible nothing is inpossible

Eggshells
      Participant

Ok ladies, the gazebo is up in the field, there are fairy lights, I’ve set up an inflatable jacuzzi. The same magic that takes care of the housework is now looking after the children. Bubbly is open, music is playing, its warm and the sun is just going down. Head of over.

Eggshells
      Participant

Braelyn, sorry, hope you don’t mind. This was all abit impromptu. I’ve kept it well away from the cottage so we shouldn’t disturb the ladies after a bit of peace.

Same-again
      Participant

Love, hope and happiness to you all.

Find the words hard atm.

Battling on all fronts.

Take care and happiness to you all. xxxxx

Hazydayz
        Participant

Hi same-again, want to sit with me in the peace and quiet of the garden? Wishing you peace & happiness too💞

Eggshells
      Participant

Oh, @Sameagain are you ok? I’m hoping people will Head over to the “Gazebo party” so that we can give you some peace here in the sanctuary. I hope the Sanctuary gives you what you need tonight. xx

littledove
      Participant

Are you alright @sameagain? Big hugs to you, hope all is well and you enjoy some peaceful time at the cottage 💞

Or can join us at the gazebo party! I’m just headed over to join Eggshells now!

littledove
      Participant

See you there @ToBFree 🤩 we’ve got a cocktail waiting for you 💗

Tobfree
      Participant

cool sweet ladies sorry im late arriving better late than not at all
      thanks for the yummy cocktails
      xxxxxxxxxxx

Hazydayz
        Participant

😃 Hi! Here you are! Great to see you again! Having fun I see, Let’s drink to that! cheers!🥂

Eggshells
      Participant

Just heading off to that big, soft, comfy bed upstairs. I can hear sheep bleating. Where did they come from?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Welcome Tobfree! You guys can do whatever here! Party on! I’ve been away most of the day. I have a missing friend sooo, it’s been a bit difficult here. No one can get ahold of him… He has PTSD from the war and just worried. Great guy, really sweet and very kind. And I am moving, too. So busy busy.

Everything is so nice here! I see remnants of you all here and there. I like that! The sheep? Well, the farmer down the road decided he needed some so he bought about 6 of them. Just add them to the other noises around here! We are in the country, eh? I have to go pay some attention to Gypsy. She hears I am home so she’s making a fuss!

littledove
      Participant

The sun is splitting the sky this morning, and there is a fresh breeze.

I have fresh bacon and eggs on for everyone when they are up

Can we had a cool pool outside too? I might go for a refreshing dip in a couple of hours.
      Anyone fancy a jog in the woods later on?
      Needing to feel nice and refreshed in nature today.

Eggshells
      Participant

Sounds lovely @littledove thank you. Not sure about the jog but I might toddle along after you at a walking pace. I love being surrounded by nature. I’m a country girl at heart.

littledove
        Participant

No need to toddle along, I will go a nice lovely walk with you, we can bring my little girl, she loves rabbits, squirrels and birds so maybe we will find some 🙈 we could take one of the dogs a walk with us too, she loves the doggy’s!

littledove
      Participant

And could take a lovely picnic too! Sandwiches, freshly picked berries, cupcakes
      and freshly squeezed juice 😍

Hazydayz
        Participant

Ooo…sounds perfect littledove, can I join you? I missed talking to you at the party. Wasn’t it fun! 💞

littledove
        Participant

Course you can! The more the merrier🥰 oh it was great, first time I’ve had that much fun in a long time, did you enjoy it?

Hazydayz
        Participant

Yes, love to party littledove, looking forward to the next!💞

littledove
        Participant

Course you can! The more the merrier🥰 oh it was great, first time I’ve had that much fun in a long time, did you enjoy it?

Hazydayz
      Participant

I’m sitting under the gazebo in the garden, it’s raining and puddles are forming around the patio, it’s just so lovely and quiet. Just the pitter patter of the raindrops and the occasional buzz of a passing bumble bee on his way to work on the flower’s. The sun is peeping out from behind the clouds now and as if by magic, I see appearing across the sky a beautiful rainbow 🌈

Hazydayz
      Participant

🌈 I’m still sitting here it hasn’t stopped raining! So I’m sat by the fire pit I’ve just lit and thinking about a barbecue? Anyone who’s got chicken legs? Fancy joining me? and my pork belly! lol

Eggshells
      Participant

I’ll pop along later if that’s ok? I can just feel myself starting to lift out of the depression I’ve been in for the last few days. I’m going to take a lovely warm bubble bath in Braelynn’s great big, fancy bath upstairs. If you’ve got the fire going I think it’ll be warm enough for me to pop down in my pj’s. Just fancy a nice, comfy cozy evening with the ladies. I might drag that big squishy chair out there.

Hazydayz
        Participant

How you feeling now? Better? after that great big bubbly bath? I’ve stoked the fire and got hot chocolate if you fancy it? And marshmallows! Enjoy! 💞

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Ladies! Good to see you’ve been keeping each other company. I had to make a move so I’ve been quite busy but this is my home away from home! Had a little bird following me around outside and then just hopped into the cottage behind me. LOL! Looking for food no doubt. Little beggars! I need to play music today, maybe the piano or flute…or both. I bought an old table yesterday I want to refinish. Might start on that. Bringing Gypsy down soon so she can be with us. I tie her up near the kitchen window now. She like to stick her head in when I am bustling about. We talk and hang out. Max the cat lays on her back. I made some little veggie and cheese tarts, help yourselves! Playing Alzibar harp music right now. Love that man!

Anonymous
      Inactive

To all my ladies – look these women up on youtube and flick your bics, light your candles and dance – PERFECT HARMONY VOICES give coaches CHILLS | WINNER’S JOURNEY #3

I love singing harmony…..miss it. Have no soul sisters to sing with.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Arrrggghh….haven’t been here in awhile and the place is overgrown with weeds!! Been stomping around elsewhere but gotta get this place humming again. Thank goodness the neighbors looked after the animals for me. Gypsy is Not happy with me – at all. Snorting quite a bit, pawing the ground. Have to make up with her today, geesshhh, she’s a little firecracker when she’s upset! The young lad next door though really loves her so she was spoiled but it wasn’t her mommie…

Okay then, going to dive into the kitchen here and start cooking. Got a good fire going, airing out the place, have to do a bit of gardening and gather in something to throw in the pot. Might just make a good stew. Bought some homemade bread, didn’t feel like baking it today. However, I might make a berry cobbler.. thinking about going for a swim. I need water, need to feel it, be in it, hear it. Good energy for the soul.

Have a few art projects as well. Got inspired last night watching something about Monet. I have to say I think alot of the impressionist artists might have been nearsighted because I see exactly what their paintings look like when I don’t have corrective anything going on. Maybe I should just paint without corrective lenses, eh? I could be a Monet!!

Ok, going to blast some good music, put on my comfy clothes and get busy!! Kettle is on, brought in some tasty muffins from the lady next door when I stopped by. Yummers! Slap those right on my hips!

Eggshells
      Participant

It’s warm out, a clear, sparkly night. So remote, so peaceful. With no light pollution, I can see the Milky Way. I can smell the comforting smell of Gypsy and with the exception of her occasional gentle snorts, there is silence. In the cottage, everyone is sleeping. The moon is bright so I can see well enough to find my way as I walk out into the welcoming darkness. The nighttime cloaks me; she allows me to just disappear.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ah yes, mother earth is like that, isn’t she? We go to work in boxes, live in a box, work in a box, etc. and it’s just good to out where things are actually circular. Ever notice that? No right angles. My eyes get tired of being in and around what man has made. And I hate hate florescent lights, omg. They make me so nervous and buggy. When I did work in an office, I’d try and have my desk by the window and just natural lighting and/or a little lamp. And they could come take those other ghastly things right out of my ceiling because I wasn’t having it. I remember a lady one time who was complaining with horrendous migraines and I walked by her cubby one day and saw that she had about ten of those light bulbs shining down on her. I about had a fit! I talked to her about it, got maintenance involved, they took them all down, I got her some lamps and after a few days, her husband came in and saw me in my office and said – I just want to personally thank you for giving my wife back. I said what? I don’t understand. And she spoke up and said, I’m not jittery anymore and nervous and best of all I have no more migraines. It was those lights!!!

So yes, I agree, it’s so detoxing to just be in nature, with natural lighting, no pollution, just earthy smells and I do so adore how Gypsy smells too! I don’t even mind her poop because it’s just grass. The only time I did mind it was when I had another horse, who was a thoroughbred and we had a horrific rain that lasted for weeks, was awful. I had to move him into a stall where there was another horse so he was out of the weather since his corral was flooded but he didn’t know how to drink water out of the self watering one on the wall so he got colic. Not good. Ever try and walk a big big horse around all night in the pouring rain and winds in mud? That would be me. Because if he went down, he would have been dead so I had to walk him. The next morning the vet comes out and it’s the whole thing of blowing it all out the back. Phewww!!!

Yup, being around animals can be fun! She’s all frisky right now. I think someone needs to ride her. Then she needs a good bath and brushing. I love her long hair, isn’t she a beauty? If any kids come over will hitch her up to the little cart then they can go off running around like crazy if they want. Making an apple pie here, got tons of apples. Thinking about making some homemade jerky as well….

iliketea
      Participant

My favourite place to go…
      I’ve just picked a saddle bag full of lemons and I’m riding back slowly in the heat, going to make lemonade, lemon ice pops, lemon curd, and lemon cheesecake, its a lemon yellow type of day.
      I dropped off at the pool with the waterfall, it was so cold, icy cold. I dipped my foot in and felt chilled, I held my breath and jumped in, it took my breath away, but then I felt new again. All the past just went and I was tingly and cold and fresh. Love it down there. When I got out the butterflies came and sat on me drinking up the water droplets.
      Back up and plodding back now. Anyone around? Im going to attack the veg patch when Im done cooking, then maybe sit out and star gaze. Is there a thunderstorm on its way, feels heavy and close today.

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content