This topic contains 108 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Soulsearcher18 3 days, 4 hours ago.

• Author
     Braelynn 
    Participant

Ok, I am a writer and I do things like this but, it’s fun, so I do it! We can’t really meet each other face to face but we can bond together here which is very wonderful and extremely powerful so I thought, why not, create a kind of virtual world where we all have a hand in creating it? What it looks like, feels like, smells like, what’s going on, being cooked, whatever? Like we have our own little place where our imagination (my favorite word besides inspiration) can bond us together even tighter and lift all of our spirits. So I’ll start……chime in, add whatever to the landscape, keep the fires burning!

It’s a little cottage out back, on my grandparent’s property they left to me. Was thick with brambles and such, I cleaned it up and painted it blue! White shutters, flower boxes on either side of the front door. I allowed some vines to grow on the little house. Keep them cut. Jasmine grows well and circles around the other vines and posts on the front porch. Lilac and lavender as well. I just plant flowers wherever, it’s basically a crazy garden all way around because I just want color everywhere and no, it doesn’t have to be in neat little rows!

3 rooms inside. One big living area/kitchen where we can all congregate. Nice fireplace. BIG fluffly couches, TONS of pillows, we women love our pillows to cuddle with, stuffed animals too, a basket full of cozy socks and blankies, One room in the back where there’s a huge comfy bed if someone needs to curl up and be left alone. I made a really nice waterfall in there. Low lighting, Great CD’s for relaxation and a couple of cats who love nothing better than to curl up with you! Aromatherapy is available as well. Heating pads, ice packs in the fridge, and a dart board. Put whatever face on it and have at it. Also in the small fridge is really wonderful nutritional snacks, water, etc.

Of course the bathroom with the old tub on legs. Candles all over the place. BIG fluffy rugs. A tiny little stove where you can put the kettle on if you like. Have a cuppa while lounging in the bath. Keeps you nice and toasty as well. A couple of robes hanging on the door that you’d like to live in…. Of course all kinds of herbs and aromatherapy everywhere. Make your own delight! A massage table for those who want one. Quite sure there are people who know how here. I do.

In the living/kitchen area…….it’s just alive in here. The walls are waiting to be decorated with everyone’s favorite whatever. I don’t care, here’s the hammer and nails, go for it. The couches and chairs were handpicked. Not all new, just so comfy you want to curl up in them. Throws everywhere, pillows, wonderful rugs and in the kitchen, got the kettle on ALL the time. Today I threw together something blueberry. I think it’s a muffin thing, all I know is they are yummie. Threw in some chocolate chips…

There’s a piano, guitars, drums for the drumming circle out back, a couple of flutes and a violin. Out back there is a jacuzzi, a drum circle like I said, tons of flowers and wonderful places to sit and have private conversations, great smells going on out there, tons of birds, squirrels, little animals saying hello. A babbling stream not far away…

And last but not least, a shed out back a ways where artists can do their thing or people can rage against something however they want to. I personally love splattering paint at high velocity to a wall that I built so women could do that. RAGE ON!! Here’s the paint and have at it!!

Stop by and stay awhile, say hello. Cook something in the kitchen, warm yourself by the fire, play some music, do some art out back or curl up in the big bed and just find peace and rest for yourself. We will keep you company and tend the fire for each other. That’s what Sisterhood is all about, huh? You’d be surprised what using your own creativity can do for a wounded soul… Try it. Take your shoes off, stay awhile.

Iwantmeback 
    Participant

Loving sanctuary cottage, you could be describing my wee bungalow. Ive jyst cut down so many brambles but am keeping a few so I can get the blackerries when the season comes. I’ve got raspberry bushes and blueberries to plant not forgetting the strawberries. How about some raised beds, get some veggies growing. And herbs, we’ll need them for healing with too. I’ve got a bed of nettles growing in my garden, but the healing properties outweigh the negative, so with proper treatment we could have a wee corner for those plants we’d rather not have but still need. I got wild seeds from 38 degrees, so could have another area fir butterflies and bees, on that note wee could have beehives too, our very own supply of honey. We could sell it, along with eggs from the chickens. We could make candles in the arts and craft shed using herbs and flowers. Look out yankee candles.

Ive got an archery set, great companion for the dart board 😇
    I’d like horses at our cottage too and chickens, not sure about a cockerel though,early morning alarm calls, think we’d be having chicken pie before too long.
    We could have our meditation areas, get really in touch with our inner witch, be what being a witch really means. Doing good for others, helping and healing without fear of being burned at the stake.
    Oh Blessed Be
    IWMB 💞💞

Braelynn 
    Participant

Oh my goodness yes! Love it all! Unload it, will get my boots on for tromping about and help… There is a place for horses down a bit further, little barn and corrals and of course free range chickens, just have to go egg hunting when over, they will lay everywhere. I usually feed chickens table scraps because it makes great eggs!! Love the beehive idea! And of course we need our herbs and candles!! I found a couple of tents in the shed so whoever wants to camp out, here you go! Thinking about a couple of pups….

Cecile 
    Participant

Oh fabulous! I will bring two large standard poodles. one silver, one white, with long curly silky fur and feathery tails. They will tip toe elegantly around on the mellow floorboards seeking cuddles and curling up to keep ladies warm.If you are distressed then trailing a few fingers lightly down their curly backs is the best distraction, and calming.

I hope the fireplace is enormous and burning applewood, so the lovely scent permeates the heat around the room. I love big cosy socks and soft supportive slippers an d big heavy robes. I forgot my old but heat robe after fleeing this week and am missing out on being able to curl up with it after a scented bath.

A bucket of horse (or other) muck and a catapult to fling at images would be good.

Braelynn 
    Participant

Cecile my love! Yes, yes, come in and bring your doggies! I will spoil them rotten!!! Ah yes, the fireplace is enormous, huge stones in place all around it, toasts you up right proper. Take one of the robes on the door back home with you. The deep plush wine one is nice. Catapult!!! Pumpkin throwing in autumn is nice. I’m just sitting out on a rock by the stream here for a bit, feels so good on my feet. Thinking about just sitting in it. Maybe I’ll just fully lay down in it and let the water flow around me! Struck up a deal with the farmer next door for some hay. He just wants me to cook him up some meat pies every week and it’s a trade. Ahh the sound of it…..rippling water…

SunshineRainflower 
    Participant

I love this! I’ll move into the cottage next door as being an introvert I’ll find the drumming a bit overwhelming, but like the idea of being able to drop by for a cuppa each day and make dinner with everyone. I’ll also stay for sundowners in the garden. How wonderful.

Maybe we could also do morning yoga in the garden? We could have those nice posh tents out there too for extra guests in the summer.

Let’s add a greenhouse like the one they have in the film ‘practical magic’ and make lots of nice lotions, soaps and potions with herbs from the garden.

Braelynn 
    Participant

SunshineRainFlower! Absolutely! Hey, you might actually learn to like the drumming once you do it! It’s rather magical. You come anytime you want to and yoga would be splendid. I have a video for you that you might like….one of my most favorite musicians, Alizbar – Feather Grass.

Was thinking about the greenhouse actually and getting a little veggie garden started… Want to put a swing on the front porch, get a potter’s wheel for the art area in the shed, put up some fairy lights and lanterns in the garden, build a nice fire pit out there. Couple of hammocks here and there. We already have a treehouse in the back grove, needs some sprucing up. Nice place to get away from it all, even stay overnight up there. You just come do whatever you want to here, it’s “our” place.

Braelynn 
    Participant

whoops, I just posted a link… Won’t happen again!!

Eggshells 
    Participant

I love this Braelyn. What a beautiful place. I love peace and quite so might head over with Srf. I love to hear young children playing though, I find it really uplifting so I’d like a little play park within earshot, maybe for our lovely ladies who have small children.

Braelynn 
    Participant

Hi Eggshells!! Lovely idea! The farmer next door also said if I need to use a 1/2 acre of his land, we are welcome to it, so that’s what we’ll do! Tons for them to do here anyways, art, taking care of the animals, helping us garden, have some furniture that needs painting, I have a couple of goats on loan right now to eat up some of the brush to clear out a space for whatever we want to do – like a playground! Making a mud pit right now because I love it when kids play in mud, adults too! Then you just squirt off with the water hose, no big deal! Quite freeing and healthy getting all dirty!

Being “here” is important because it helps us to imagine and affirm what is really wonderful to us and make it happen in our lives. Doesn’t have to be a fairy tale, it can be reality. I don’t know if you ever saw “Patch Adams” but he did that. If we can think it, we can do it! Another great story is “Beatrice Potter”. That woman was amazing in real life! And even though she came from money, it wasn’t a plus for her at all. She had to fight many battles in order to be “her” and she did! The movie is wonderful and then reading her real history is soo inspiring. I love Helen Keller, too. Her story was the first one I read about that ever got stuck into my heart. Whenever I think I can’t I always think of her…

HopeLifeJoy 
    Participant

Your cottage sanctuary is such lovely scenery to imagine, thank you so much for starting this tread Brealynn.

Here’s my little contribution.
    I would bake a few delicious apple tarts, prune tarts for everyone and share the recipe, passed down by my grand-ma. The kitchen would be gigantic, containing a couple of double-decker oven and also plenty of classical gas stows.
    I’d also bake quiches for the ones favouring savoury dishes – like me – and a big pot of thick creamy potato & leek soup. And place freshly sliced fruits and vegetables on the table too.
    Everyone who’s coming in is welcome to take a sit around the large and long wooden kitchen table and eat and share their story if they’d like to.
    If children are allowed to join, I’d set up a little art and science station for them outside, adults could share and teach them whatever skills they’d like to pass on.
    We’d hang lots of wooden swings on tall and strong trees near each other, for everyone to use, they would fly you up to such heights you can almost touch the feet from other pleasure-lovers sitting on the other swings-sets. Screaming and giggles guaranteed.
    I’d grab a tent and organise a week long trek exploring the beautiful surrounding nature, bringing the horses along. They’d carry our tents. And we’d ride them when we’re tired. I’d bring maps to navigate ourselves from one point of water to the next so the horses can drink. Apple trees and lush grass fields would feed the horses along the way. The sights would be stunningly gorgeous, peace inducing, the fresh air would generate new life in each and everyone of us, making us feel strongly alive and absolutely free. We would scream and sing our lungs out, swear at our ex’s then sing powerful female songs. The valleys would echo back our voices, validating its existence in the clearest form.
    When we’d be all walked out we’d return to the cottage.
    We’d cook a colossal meal with everyone, lots of meat, lamb, chicken, beef, vegetables, eating outside, sitting, talking and chatting by the cracking fire until late into the evening, the stars shining brightly in the sky. And we’d turn on the fairy lights in the garden producing a little magical touch.
    The property would include an endless vast garden with various trees where we hang and sleep in hammocks with the warmest duvet and woolen blankets. Well trained guard dogs would protect us from potential intruders.
    In the winter we would slide down the snowed in mountain roads on sledges, in the evenings we would take turns reading a story out loud sitting by the fireplace and other nights playing board games. Pictionary is always fun…
    In the summer we would bath in the river where massive rocks divide the stream into deep large pools of cool water. We’d lie down on the banks of green grass drying off in the shade of big trees.
    In autumn we’d collect and store nuts and pick grapes and set out again for long never ending walks.
    The end.
    The beginning 😊

Braelynn 
    Participant

Oh Wow!!! Welcome! I am loving it!! Thank you! I’m hungry now! I see you just put a pot of lovely stew on and I have 2 tarts in my pocket, out for a walk around the property, seeing what I can get into! Went to sleep last night by the fireplace. Was lovely. Funny how little things mean so much. Good smells, nature sounds, children’s laughter, cold dog noses, kitty purrs, *peace*….oh and just pulled out 2 big big boxes of dress up clothes, hats, shoes, purses. One box for the girls and one for the boys. Building a little platform out back for plays.. Got my old sewing machine out. Speaking of boxes I have a huge one the children can make into a house or fort.

Braelynn 
    Participant

I’m all fat (good stew and tarts!) and sassy now (as if I’m ever not that!), worn out, did alot of work around here.. Need a long soak bath. I’m liking going barefoot all the time here. I like feeling the cool moss, the worn stones out back, the ferns, the sticks, the gravel and especially the mud….then the cool water making it all better. Kinda like life really… I like to feel it with my feet. They take us everywhere, don’t they? Always bearing the weight and yet all we seem to care about is what color nail polish to put on. They need love and care. Need to be out of their shoes which are prisons really. My callouses are going away from my stupid high heels I wore for years. Burned them out back. Saved a couple pair for special times. Hope all of you are well and tucked in tight. Carrying my lantern about to see who might be here that I don’t know about. I know some of you bed down and don’t say anything. That’s okay, you do that…….anytime. Fresh apple strudels on for the morning. Make yourself some tea, fire should still be burning from the night.

Cecile 
    Participant

Hi Braelynn I never had polish on my toes s he would have ridiculed it. So I have borrowed some of yours that I found in the vanity cupboard in the bathroom. I have painted the spectrum, a different colour on each toe nail. For fleeing I bought some false eyelashes which I didnt get to wear but they are on now. This wine coloured heavy robe you have offered me is so silky and warm.. I see its quilted and has a cashier lining.
    It shines like a ruby in the firelight.
    Oh I love apple tart and cakes and to be given warm baked goodies. Danish with crisp sweet apples. I have brought my secret recipe- vegan chocolate spread mixed with coconut yoghurt and eaten with crispy corncake. More delicious than it reads!
    I love this music you are playing in the room with the big fireplace.

Iwantmeback 
    Participant

I’m smiling here before I head to bed. My feet are in such good shape considering the heels ive worn all my life too, not burning mine though no way no how 🙊🙉🙈 but walking barefoot at Sanctuary Cottage is smoothing the soles better than any pumice stone and moisturising lotion. The river was chilly today, but it felt good to dip my feet in, could feel the wee fishes brushing against me, stubbed my toes a few times. My dog was in with me jumping about lapping at the water. She’s out fir the count now, heating my bed up fir me.
    Was nice being with the horses again, having them bend their head wanting scratched. I mucked out fir a while, nothing beats the smell of turned over straw don’t you think. I bedded them down before I left fir the night. Was my favourite job as a teenager, would always get me in one of the stables cleaning up or just lying beside one of the horses, great listeners are horses. Ive not ridden fir years but think I’ll do it in the coming weeks.
    Oidhche mhath a chàirdean
    💞💞

Braelynn 
    Participant

And Goodnight to You My Lovelies! Glad for painted toes and fat little bellies. Horses…….ah yes, never minded mucking a stall. I love the smell. It’s just grass afterall. I used to have my coffee of a morning with my horse as she would lay down in her shavings for me. Good to be back to the earth. I have missed it, good having such wonderful spirits here with me. Sisterhood!!!! Cecile – I need recipes!!!

Escapee 
    Participant

This is a beautiful,beautiful thread. It is so like my go to place in my head it makes me believe in a collective consciousness.

I am with you my sisters, holding your hands, singing loud and healing.

Iwantmeback 
    Participant

The sun is shining here today, Been checking on ourxherb garden and vegetable patch. Can’t believe the weeds, trying to choke the plants before they’ve even half grown. Made up a natural weedkiller of salt, water, vinegar and washing up liquid. Have a wee vest top on, so getting some much needed vitD. They’ll soon be ready to pick, there’s some salad so much nicer and sweeter than the pre packed stuff we get,plus we only need to pick what we need and nothing will go to waste.
    Blessed be
    💞💞

HopeLifeJoy 
    Participant

Today is earth day. There is a little doodle game teaching the importance of the bee in our world. I’ll create a little interactive lesson about bees for the children out in the garden . And in my real life, for the children of my colleague 🐝🌼🌸

The salads sounds delicious IWMB. I’ll keep your weedkiller recipe in mind. Do you think it would work if we spray it on abusers 😄 🙃

Iwantmeback 
    Participant

🤭🤭🤭 literally burst out laughing there HLJ. Aye checking my diary today I saw it was Earth Day. I’m preparing the ground in my own garden in order to plant wild flowers to encourage bees and butterflies. Got them free from 38degrees.
    💞💞

HunkyDory 
    Participant

This is lovely, really made me smile! I have a number of drums I can whip up some rhythms to dance to, and in the quiet area later, I’ll play gentle hang drum and kora music to sooth the soul. Then I will eat lots of Cecile’s cakes wrapped in a cozy blanket after a long soak in a hot bubbly fragrant bath ❤️❤️❤️ Xx

Iwantmeback 
    Participant

I love the sound of the drums, ideal to dance wildly to as well as be very soothing. Very rousing especially going into battle, totally get how they breathed new life and energy into battle weary soldiers.
    💞💞

HunkyDory 
    Participant

Absolutely IWMB, I love drumming and I have a real connection with my main drum I’ve had for many years. If you’ve never heard hang drum check out a solo by manu Delago on you tube.. beautiful x

Cecile 
    Participant

I took a walk out past the yoga space, the drumming space, the stables and garden, through the cool stream and over that hill in the distance. You know the big dark wood, a black smear in the distance? I saw some women wandering in distress, chased and hurt and battered by dumb looking beasts. Some seem to get away but can’t see the path out, they can’t see the wood for the trees and the Big Dumb A******s are the only familiar thing they know.I used to be in there, trying to get out and hemmed in by big dark trees and dumb monsters. I felt so scared watching it from far away as I didn’t want to get caught up in the deadly whirlpool of violence and abuse in that wood. I left messages for the women in places they know where to look, to find the Sanctuary Cottage of the Sisterhood in a coded language the Big Dumb A******s don’t understand.(i.e written in kind words and with empathy). Then back here for chocolate cake and spa music by the fire while we wait for more to turn up and join us.

Eggshells 
    Participant

We’ve just had a lovely evening. We all got wrapped up and headed outside with our drink of choice. I had hot chooclate with cream on top, some of you had the smoothest red wine. We went out to watch the satellites but the sky was so clear and the stars so beautiful that we all stayed outside and chattered quietly for ages.

I’m off to bed now in my cosy room upstairs. It’s marshmallow soft with a creacky wooden frame that smells of old furniture polish. Night all. xx

Braelynn 
    Participant

My wonderful Beauties!!! Making the place alive and on fire with your souls!! I’ve been tromping about through the woods, leaving notes too for those lost or too timid to come near or talk. Just follow the wonderful smells, the drumming and authentic vibe that reaches out and grabs you by your knickers! I’m so deliciously dirty! Took of me boots and now have mud up to my neck pretty much. No bother. All the more reason to sink into the tub I put out in the backyard here! I like bathing in nature…. got a warm fire close by. Found some food left over and have a big fat belly going on now. Isn’t Sisterhood grand? Going to play piano in a bit, been awhile since I tickled the keys. Did some artwork in the shed. Sat by the stream a bit and contemplated what magical power women have when they use it. Amazing really. Why we keep it hidden under a fern is beyond me. So what if the world is afraid of us? Only because it’s been so long now since we righted the world. Maybe it’s time that changed! Novel idea! X*X

Iwantmeback 
    Participant

Think it might be a novel in the making Braelynn💜

HopeLifeJoy 
    Participant

I’ve just spent the entire morning mowing the lawn of our vast garden. The freshly cut grass smells wonderfully, we are going to let it dry first in the sun then play some badminton, football and volleyball in the afternoon.
    Come join me outside, hear the birds singing, the children playing, exercising and running around until evening comes. Then we chill together, wearing comfy loungewear and telling each other stories and playing music, I love the piano and percussions, can listen to it hours and hours. I would play and compose pieces too on the piano. Haven’t played either since years but the fingers never forget do they.

Sending everyone lots of sunshiny hugs and tickles 💕☀️🦋🐞🐛🐝

iliketea 
    Participant

I love this so much. Is there room for more? I’ve been knocking for a while but maybe the mower drowned me out. I was going to leave my children behind but I hear you’ve got some there, so I’ll just go get them from the field I left them in. I’ve got homemade hot cross buns and fresh salty butter. And strawberries and loads of clotted cream. I’ve got tons of companion plants for the garden too… can’t wait to get soil under my nails again and get planting. Looking forward to meeting you all. xx

Iwantmeback 
    Participant

Come on in iliketea, your children are more than welcome. They can chase the chickens, search fir their eggs, they’re everywhere as they’re free roaming. They’ll love the stream and the big natural pool. There’s rocks to Jump off of, swings in the trees, there’s a wonderful tree house.
    Yummy I could just go a hot cross bun with butter. Ive huge pots of coffee on the go, and teas of all description. Wine’s in the fridge chilling, we can have a glass or more at any time now 💞🍷
    Thanks fir mowing the huge lawn, HLJ. Great idea to it dry out, we can use it fir bedding fir the animals. It’s been a while since I played badmington, was pretty good back in the day, so long as no one minds me changing hands,ambidextrous, saves running about too much🤣🤣
    Have a lively lovely day everyone
    Blessed be
    💞💞

Eggshells 
    Participant

That steam sound tempting. ilike tea, glad your here. Could you possibly save one of those cream teas for me please for after my paddle? I can take your kids along to the stream if you like and we’ll splash about, maybe have a water fight or two and head back for a cream tea on the freshly mowed lawn.

Eggshells 
    Participant

Braelynn, what a treat it’ll be to read that novel for real!

Cecile 
    Participant

Well it’s so good to have Iliketea here as well, out of the woods. I have left some good books by the fire, about power and women. One is called the Book of the Unknown Midwife, the other is called The Power. In the second one women develop one extra power, a small change that changes everything.

Salted butter and scones…mmmmmm……

Braelynn 
    Participant

Hi Iliketea!!! Warm Hugs!!! Oh my goodness yes your children are loving it here!! Of course, as you can see, most of us can be quite childlike soooo, if I disappear I’m out looking for them and Eggshells. We will “try” not to get into mischief but can’t promise anything. Thanks soo much for mowing the grass, HopeLifeJoy! It was getting out of hand. I love the smell of fresh cut grass so much. You play lovely piano btw! No, our fingers never forget. Novel? LOL! Yeah, well we are all writing one here, right? IWMB, you’re just wayyy too relaxed over there on the sofa, move over and share that comfy blankie with me and throw me that blue pillow. I just painted my toenails, different color for each toe! Not sure why I did it because with the way I go barefoot all the time this will last all of a couple of days before they are trashed again but too cute for now! I’m making us some beautiful beaded bracelets and earrings. That way we take something with us when we’re out and about that reminds us of this blessed place! OOPS, we got company here, Cecile’s doggies want cuddles! No jewelry making right now!! Sloppy kisses and doggie breath!!!

Iwantmeback 
    Participant

Just posted on another thread there, inspired me yo just go and make a cake in our wonderful kitchen, literally threw a coffee cake together with enough mixture to make 3 wee muffins. Going to use peanut butter for topping instead of a butter icing. Just follow your noses ladies, it’ll be ready soon
    💞💞

Braelynn 
    Participant

I put on a huge pot of chicken soup a bit ago, too, so that and some homemade bread would be nice as well. Anyone up for making bread? Coffeecake? Yummies!!! Smelling it already! Still cuddling doggies here, already messed up me toe polish! Wow, that was like within the hour!! LOL!

Braelynn 
    Participant

Just flipped upside down in a hammock! Whew! Going to remove some rocks and sticks from underneath, that’s for sure! Just thinking that, since we are all in hard times like we are, might be good for everyone to survey their yard, think about planting food out there. Heirloom seeds! An absolute must!! Then they keep on giving!! Go online and learn about it. You can definitely plant sooo much in a small space! It’s spring! And you can do a 3 tier system too. Some things are so easy to grow it’s just crazy. Educate yourselves, get a good compost going on and put that food in the ground!!! We got some going on here, been busy, planting everything I can get my hands on. There will be a food shortage coming up so we have to be – wise women!!

Braelynn 
    Participant

Don’t me shocked by my appearance. Yes, yes, I have paint all over myself. But been in the shed, strung up a huge sheet, tied tight on all four corners and I’ve just been painting my little heart out, even throwing some paint at it, quite beautiful actually. Of course more paint is on me and in my hair than the sheet but whatever. I wash. The creek later! Using a big sponge now on it, kewl effects. Got some glitter and neon colors too. The dog just howled at me. LOL! Scared ya didn’t I? Tea, coffee and apple strudel on the counter in the cottage, help yourself! Got Andrea Bocelli’s Romanza playing! Come join me! Old clothes in the bedroom you can change into.

Braelynn 
    Participant

Don’t BE not ME shocked….

Iwantmeback 
    Participant

Hi I popped by this morning, stayed in the shadows just watching everyone going about their day. Felt bleurgh and didnt want to bring my negativity in. I ended up taking the dogs for a walk, that was hours ago. We went down by the creek, followed the path all the way round to the big old oak tree. I love it there, it’s so peaceful. The dogs were having a great time, chasing squirrels, diving into the undergrowth Just being dogs, not giving a flying f..k. My fur baby decided she was going right into the stream, head under getting all good and wet, I thought why not, trainers off and in I went. Oh it was freezing, so clear I could set the wee baby fish,but it felt so nice, the water flowing over my feet. Bent dowm to have a drink,oh boy I forgot how good fresh stream water is, freezing cold and so so sweet. Do you know how lovely it’s been to have the sun on my arms, to be able to take my cardigan off, to listen to the birds singing their chatter. It’s been bliss. I’m back now refreshed, all the bleurgh has been blown away. Hmmm is that fresh bread I smell, any left over soup Braelynn. Sometimes a wee moment to ourselves is enough to recharge, even when among so many wonderful ladies. Thanks for not asking how I was every 5 minutes, fir just knowing I needed some me time.
    Love and light IWMB 💞💞

Braelynn 
    Participant

Ahhh, I saw you, we need our own time to ourselves. I was going wonky with my paint anyways sooo, I might have scared you! Scared the dog! LOL! I do go on with my bad self sometimes. I do the same thing though, get all whacked out by everything, just need a soul floss and nature is all about that one. Just sucks it right out of you somehow. Someone once said, ever notice how everything in nature is circular, not right angles? And it’s true and is very soothing on the eyes to just look at it. We live in a box, go to work in a box, shop in boxes, come home in a box, etc. Maybe that’s why the hobbit houses are round In Lord of the Rings! My favorite movie series btw! Yup, got soup, alot of it. Fresh bread in the oven, should be done now. I have to go get into the tub out back now, heating up my water. I’m a sight! You just do your thing, talk when you want to, no worries…. XX

Braelynn 
    Participant

Setting up a “healing time” for all of us tonight. Roaring fires inside and out. Bringing hammocks closer in so we can all be close and comfy. Fairy lights and lanterns about. Have a massage table set up inside as well. A few of us are good at that, I, for one. All kinds of herbal remedies on the counter in the kitchen, help yourselves, salve, oils, aroma therapies. Sage and sweet grass burning inside and out. Candles everywhere. I’ve been making or re-making dresses and skirts, peasant shirts, just lovely things for us that make us feel comfy and feminine at the same time, help yourselves, all on the bed inside. Even sewed in some little bells on the dresses and skirts. Having fun with some hats as well. Love hats!!

But just wanted to create an atmosphere where we can concentrate on what we need…..how we feel, how are bodies are doing, are we healthy, are we not, what’s going on? I even brought in a couple of tubs, the old kind, just metal ones with a sheet in it. LOL! But very hot water for you. Lots of pillows, blankets, animals and food. The smells will knock you over! So c’mon in and do whatever you need to do. Unwind, be quiet, talk, whatever. The door is open…….. My cats are about so, they may want to curl up with you. Purrs do tend to soothe and I especially love the kneading…..

Iwantmeback 
    Participant

Oh a massage sounds wonderful, I too do those, loved giving them but could really do with one just now. Or how about an Indian head massage, taking in your neck and shoulders too. Oooh what bliss. I remember when the wee girls dresses had little bells sewn in them. I feel like doing a salome doing the dance of the seven veils, we could get a great drum beat going on. My style is very boho,quite gypsylike, very witchy…. just add a pair of cowboy boots though and that’s me sorted . See said my walk was invigorating. See y’all soon.💞💞

Eggshells 
    Participant

Glitter? If there’s any left over, could I pinch a bit tomorrow please?

Braelynn 
    Participant

But of course! I have loads!!!

HopeLifeJoy 
    Participant

My dears…for this evening I’ve prepared a concert for us all, a mixture of different genres.
    The concert is called Hope for Destination. Settle in and enjoy.

I’ll open up by playing Cello Suite N.1 in G Major BWV by Johann Sebastian Bach (I don’t! actually play the cello, this is fantasy and wishful thinking 🙃) followed by someone performing the slow Peasant Dance by Tito Rinesi and Stefano Torossi playing the accordion, clarinet and percussions, accompanied by some of us belly dancing to its tune.
    Next we’ll play A Hidden Life by James Newton Howard, N.9 Finale Swan and Dawn from Pride and Prejudice.
    Then we’ll play a few sequentia of Requiem in D Minor by Mozart.
    Afterwards we’ll sing and scream What’s Up by 4NonBlondes, building up with instruments first, adding vocals until we blown up the rooftop 😆 we’ll continue straight on with Respect and Think by Aretha Franklin, Woman by Neneh Cherry and the inevitable I Will Survive!! All kick a*s female powersongs!
    We’ll slow down as the evening twilight sets in, the sky softly darkening, the stars coming out one by one, we only play guitars now, gentle drums and soulful vocals resonating through the space singing and playing…The Sound of Silence, Let it be, Imagine, The Windmills of your Mind, Son of a Preacher Man by Dusty Springfield 🎶🎵⭐️

Everyone can send their requests for a piece of music or song, for survivors still captive, we film it all so you can follow us from your homes and send your requests through our group chat and the same possibility is available for those of us who prefer watching and listening from their cozy homes.

I hope you enjoyed the concert, were able to relax and let yourself be transported through the music and forget all your worries for a precious moment.
    Loving you all so very much 💕
    Sleep well tonight

Braelynn 
    Participant

HopeLoveJoy! I’m just a puddle over here! All laid out under the stars, some lovely food and the music was actually amazing!! Great choices!!!! Good ones to look up too when we are home, right? Precious moments, indeed they are. Visualization is so important. I had my beautiful moment bright and early with my bunny. I take her to bed with in the morning and she does her thing. Binkies and cuddles, mostly cuddles. Such a cute sweet innocent little bundle. Like us really…. So are we. We need to do Binkies too!!! LOL! Thank you so much for the thought you put into all this and for your loveliness. Much appreciated here by all. I made you a dress actually, laying on my bed for you. Very Boho, bells and pretty beads in the skirt area, very full but not binding, free flowing, beautiful fabric, colorful, a cotton blend. Handwash, hang up and air dry, boom you’re done. Going to see my Gypsy horse soon, traded in my other mare for this one. I love love Gypsy horses. He needed the one I had and I’ve been looking at a rundown gypsy caravan wagon that I want to revamp and hoping you guys will help me. This horse, that I named “Gypsy” is beautiful!! Black and white. Great personality, very gentle, beautiful long hair everywhere!! Going to go groom, feed and muck her stall now. She’s getting used to the place so please go see her when you come. Bring apples and carrots!

Iwantmeback 
    Participant

I’m listening to the seekers just now on TV.
    I don’t care who plays what, I love all music eil except for really heavy rock, screeching guitars do not do it for me one bit

Iwantmeback 
    Participant

I’m in love HLJ with your gypsy horse, your description sent shivers overs me. I can just picture her, lying in her stall, letting us Lue down beside her. I miss being around horses so much, unless someone is a horsey person they’ll never know how much they give us. I’d love to revamp your house on wheels.
    💞💞

Braelynn 
    Participant

Ahh yes horses…….I love them so much. And they have been with us since time immortal really. Along with dogs and elephants. Amazing creatures. And can’t out cats either, I Love cats!! But they know alot more than we do I think. Been here longer perhaps and they have their own language, we just have to get in touch with it. If you’ve never seen a video about “Romeo” the wolf in Alaska, you have to watch it. Have tissues. Amazing amazing wonderful wolf!!! But horses are so incredibly sensitive. If you see a (detail removed by moderator) horse, look at it’s owner or trainer. I’ve calmed and gentled a few horses and it’s always been because of a human being who wasn’t wired right. My Gypsy is a wonderful girl! We lay down in the shavings together and roll around on our backs, I just have to watch out because she is bigger than me! LOL! It’s therapeutic to brush her, groom her. It’s such a beautiful bonding thing, you with an incredible being like this. Down through history they have given their lives for us over and over again. Just like dogs. “Heartland” on Netflix is a great series. The woman in that is actually – who that character is. Most of the horses and the dog and such – are hers. Sooo, I am tearing out the gypsy caravan because I did get it. Going to do top to bottom to make sure it’s all solid and not rotten anywhere and then we build it again. Who knows, we might go on the road with it!!! Wouldn’t that be a hoot???

Braelynn 
    Participant

Puttering around here today. Getting all dirty doing it! I love it! Took Gypsy out for a morning run and we loved it! Just so beautiful to ride a horse who is in tune with you. Hard to explain if you’ve never done it but it’s just amazing. I do free rein so don’t really need a saddle, just a good blanket and I hold onto her hair. She’s good at knowing commands instinctively so I hardly have to tell her. Emma Massingale is my hero as far as horses are concerned. Love her! Look her up. So, I brushed her down, fed her, mucked her stall and put some meat pies in the oven, cooking cabbage and carrots. And was thinking that, it might be time for us to start thinking about cottage industries. Making jewelry or maybe making clothes or remaking them. I have always been adept at making clothes since I was young. Give me a machine, even if it’s old and no problem. I learned to take a dress I liked and use it to cut out a pattern that I use to make another dress from. Or I take clothes I have that I would give away and go – eh, no. I think I will spruce them up, do something else with them. You don’t have to know alot about sewing. The things I do are extremely simple. Simplicity patterns actually. No darts, no zippers, none of that. I can sew up a dress without doing the hem work in about 20 minutes flat if that. Hats? Well there’s a lovely idea! We are born to love hats, right? Just need a glue gun and a hat base. I’ve even used sheets that I don’t use anymore, good material, usually a nice cotton blend and I use that to make clothes out of. Amazing what you can do when you use your creativity and other people might just love it! Hey, if you don’t sell them then you can barter!! Because what we are in now, is going to get worse. We have to climb out of this hole. It will take time. I’m dumping all my clothes out I had stored today and looking through them, making piles. Sewing machine is ready. Glue gun is ready!! Cutting off buttons and trim to save, too. Just because we are going through difficult times doesn’t mean we can’t look pretty doing it, right? LOL! I have some fabulous stuff already sewn here, lots of Boho/Gypsy stuff because – that’s me. It’s comfy, it’s pretty, it’s feminine. And yes of course, I am planting my garden. Got to get food growing here. Fire is still going inside so make yourself at home. Pies out soon. I need someone to work on the treehouse for the kids. Any takers? I put up a ladder to it because forget that rope one, I about hung myself on it.

Eggshells 
    Participant

Oh boy. I need the sanctuary tonight. Not my ex but all the other p**s takers who see your vulnerability and wipe their feet on it. I’m sitting in the living room. It’s been such a warm sunny day but it’s cold outside so we’ve lit the fire an dimmed the lights. We’re hunkered down together in old, comfy chairs, lined with snugly throws. I’ve drunk far too much wine and now Ive got a whiskey. The kids are tucked up snug in bed and we’re chatting and laughing quietly. Lots of us are sleepy but we don’t want to leave this cozy, welcoming atmosphere. It’s funny, we don’t really know each other that well but we understand each other perfectly. It feels safe. I know you all get me and you know that I get you. Almost strangers but so comfortable, like an old blanket. I feel like I’ve know you all forever and I love you with the bond of shared experiences – unspoken experiences often – but shared all the same because we know. We’re forging bonds for life. I never want to leave.

Iwantmeback 
    Participant

Is that Irish/American whiskey your drinking @eggshells or Scots whisky. I love a good single malt🥃double measure, then I don’t need to move to get a refill. the big fire was a great idea,not too much, just enough to take the chill off, it was a nice touch to put some herbs and cinnamon on the logs, they were crackling away jyst nicely. You’re so right @eggshells, not felt this safe in such a long time, really didn’t want to go, so I made a bed up on the floor in front of the fire, my furbaby loves to coorie in under the covers, she stays there nearly all night, never known a dog to do that, they’re usually up and down, tongue lolling, panting cos they’re too warm, not her, out like a light, the occasional turn, better than any hot water bottle. Did anyone hear that Owl there? I heard the foxes earlier, crying like babies,what a racket, had to stand still to make sure it wasn’t a child. Between foxes and cats, it’s hard to tell sometimes. What a laugh we’ve had, trying to stay quiet so as not to wake the children. Felt like giggly school girls, oh my the tears were running down my face.
    I’m turning in, getting sleepy, the whisky went down a treat. I’ll bring a bottle with me next time. Dont mind me, those who’re still chatting, you’re talk will lull me to sleep. Oidhche mhath mo chàraidean – goodnight my friends💞💞

Eggshells 
    Participant

I’m not sure what he whiskey is IWMB. It’s a really old bottle that I found in that old decanter over there. It tastes suspiciously like laphroaig to me though Andy it goes perfectly with that cinnamon fire. Can you hear your furbaby? That is the sound of a contented sleep. I’ve just been stroking him and he was too sound asleep to even stir. 😴

Iwantmeback 
    Participant

I like my whisky out the bottle, love to hear the cork coming out. But nothing like it having been decanted, isn’t it lovely when the sun catches the liquid in the decanter, like your very own rainbow.
    💞💞

Cecile 
    Participant

Hi ladies here I am with my cut crystal wine glass full of champagne, lots more if any one would like a glass each to celebrate. I have some lovely chocolates here as well in this enormous box, plain and milk, all your favourites. Rest on these silk and velvet pastel coloured cushions as I tell you of some practical help..
    It will help our minds be at ease even more if we have someone dealing with the practical steps to getting to a new life while we are here. Otherwise the anxiety and fear will creep up across our garden as a choking vine and ruin everything.
    Attached to the summerhouse is an office I have built. Inside it is decorated with pale cream walls, a cream carpet and gold upholstery and curtains. There is an enormous rosewood desk with gold and silver pens and pads of heavy creamy paper. Behind the desk in a high tech chair sits Vi the virtual lawyer. She is mid fifties, tall and thin and dressed in a sharp business suit. She has sharp eyes and a huge brain and is there just to help each of us develop our own plan to get away. She know all about housing and the law and who knows what and who can help. If you don’t like writing Vi can help you draw. If you don’t like drawing you can write. Her room is soundproof and you can sit or recline on the pink velvet sofa and she asks you questions about your life. Then she asks you were you want to be. Then you work out together how to get there. Vi will keep your documents safe in her desk. Then when you are done you can slip back to the fire and a whiskey or a horse ride or a dress up session or a cake, and feel even more relaxed and happy as once the plan is created, it begins to happen.

HopeLifeJoy 
    Participant

Yes yes yes Cecile!!! It’s as if you read my thoughts!
    I too was getting worried about security and safety, we’re all creating a wonderful world here but if we’ve learned anything from abusers is the need to keep our lives safe, protected otherwise they just find a way to s****h it all away.

This week I’ve hired someone to install security system around our cottage, invited the local police over to meet with Vi and discussing a fast plan of action should anyone be pursued or harassed. Vi organised a training for the police, courts and whilst at it for all of us too on how best to keep our lives safe.
    We need risk assessment managers, safety and security experts, lawyers all working together with Vi. Professionals of the entire region are participating in protecting us in the present and future so we can reach that beautiful life we so deserve.

Ahhh now that’s sorted, I’d love that glass of champagne, here’s to you Cecile! To your new real life of freedom, you’re so very strong you know, a real beauty, well done for getting your freedom!
    And another toast to Vi, very warm welcome in our sanctuary!! 🥂

Iwantmeback 
    Participant

I think I’m going to like Vi💜 I’ve been mulling over my next steps, know it’s what I have to do, noones going to do it fir me. Big girls pants are being pulled on, here we go….soon😏

Braelynn 
    Participant

Hi Girls! Big party here last night! Got some lamb stew going on low. Have to take Gyspy for a ride. The kids love her, teaching them how to ride and groom her. I do have a little cart for them I can hitch up to her as well. Packing some lovely ham sandwiches on homemade bread for us.

IWMB – all in your own good time….we have to rest, take stock, let all parts of ourselves come back into sync and we do get our bearings. I see you have on your wonderful fluffed out big girl pants! I got some of those. They look great with hip boots! LOL!

Braelynn 
    Participant

Quick note – the Lonerwolf people just did a new article on Breathwork and it is awesome! Lots of different kinds. Very helpful.

HopeLifeJoy 
    Participant

Hey Braelynn, i saw the dress you made for me laying on the bed, it is so gorgeous, thank you darling, it is my favourite already and will love to wear it all summer 🤗

Eggshells, your post made me tear up, straight from the heart 💕 yes we do understand each other here even though we don’t know each other. It is the same profound experience which bonds us isn’t it. Perhaps the trauma is deep, but so is the beautiful connection on here too. Ha! We can turn everything into a positive, we are quite resilient!

It’s raining this evening, staying in by the fire, under a nice fluffy blanket, having some of that delicious lamb stew and a good old Scotch Whisky. Cheers ladies!

iliketea 
    Participant

Phew – that was a LONG run…well I walked mostly, for days and days, across beautiful fields and hills, across streams and around lakes. I found fields of lemon trees and picked basketfuls, I’m going to make lemon curd later and lemon cake with poppy seeds. I found a field of poppies too in amongst the lemons. They made me feel sad but hopeful. I’m going to sit down and paint after I’ve baked. I haven’t done that for years…the red, the yellow, the butterflies, the bubbling brooks, the glinting lake… I’d love to share your whisky with you HLJ, see you tonight in front of the fire. I’ll bring snacks, whoops that said snakes, no, I won’t bring snakes, we’ve all had enough of those…

Braelynn 
    Participant

Hi Iliketea! Isn’t it marvelous how nature heals us? Sometimes I forget that. Just laying down on the ground is good because of the energy from the earth soaking into us. Running water has all these positive ions we can bathe ourselves in. The sounds of birds and animals, the wind through the trees and grasses. The smells of freshly cut hay, flowers, dirt. The delight to our eyes and the sunshine on our whole being. Who needs a doctor? LOL! So glad to see you painting again. I am on again, off again with my talents and I have a few of them. On a good day I will have them all going at the same time which makes people around me crazy and then I’ll just not do it at all. Such is the life of a creative person, eh? Thank goodness I don’t get all that critical anymore about whatever I do. Learned to live with my imperfection and rather like it actually. I love lemon anything btw so cook away! I’ll just slap it on my hips later!

HopeLifeJoy 
    Participant

I’ve set up a state of the art sound system today in our living room and now putting on some music…i think it’s jazz…
    Blue Eyes Unchanged by Michelle Gurevich followed with Koop Island Blues by Koop
    Chill & Enjoy 🎶🎵

HopeLifeJoy 
    Participant

Mmhh lemon curd!!! My appetite is opening up! 😋

Eggshells 
    Participant

Hi all, I’ve been hiding under the duvet for the last few days – it’s been abit of a struggle. The smell of cooking lemons has raised my spirits and peeked my interest. I see someone’s been making lemon curd and there is loads of it. Shall I have a go at making a lemon meringue pie?

Iwantmeback 
    Participant

Oooooo yes please @eggshells, I love love love lemon meringue pie. I’ve got a wee lemon tree on the go just now, she’s doing great. Ive also got a wee bottle of lemon gin if anyone’s interested. Ive been hiding out down by the river fir a few days, just me and my wee furbaby. But I’m back🦋🦋
    Had a few things to mull over but all’s good now.
    HLJ your dress is beautiful,so you. 💜💜 hope you kept some uisge bheatha(water of life/whisky)for me.
    Iliketea, how’s the painting coming along? My goodness your choice of colours is just beautiful, 💚💜🗯
    It’s funny how we stress so much about stuff that’s out with our control, when we realise that, life becomes so much simpler🤗🤗.
    IWMB 💞💞

Braelynn 
    Participant

I’ll be in the back bedroom. Don’t really feel like talking. so sorry. Just got stabbed by through the heart and a twist of the knife from my best girlfriend, actually my adopted daughter of the heart. She severed all of that now so I’m pretty b****y. Another betrayal, not doing well. Going to curl up with some soup and the dogs. Don’t mean to be silent, it’s just I can’t speak….X*X

Iwantmeback 
    Participant

Hey there Braelynn, I’m so sorry to hear this, I’m here if you want to pm me. Curling up in the backroom is fine you can hear us pottering about, you know we’re here when you’re ready.
    💞💞

Ariana 
    Participant

i’ve just arrived tired and weary with my 2 babies. we have been walking for days/weeks/months/years looking for sanctuary, and there it is in the distance the lovely cottage.. so inviting, my daughters gasp and point..mummy lets go there look at the flowers and butterflies and horses.. the ladies are calling us over!… we start heading over slow at first ..the children start to gain confidence and excitement and run towards the cottage..they see a large play area..i start to pick up the pace call after them naturally being anxious…but i am met with kind smiles..embraces….women who know my pain… we are home. Is this it? has he finally finished us all off..is this heaven??? . No it cant be… we are here , we are present, we are free xxxxxx

Eggshells 
    Participant

Yes, you certainly are. Welcome; come and sit in the garden with us, we can keep an eye on the kids from here but I can see they’ve already made friends. I’ll get you a drink and something to eat. We’ve got everything, just say what you’d like and it will appear. xx

Iwantmeback 
    Participant

Hello Ariana, you’re all very welcome. There’s no pressure here to do or be anything other than yourselves. Hope you like home baking, one of us is always cooking or baking something.
    IWMB 💞💞

Ariana 
    Participant

a cup of tea and some home baked cookies- my girls have the recipe they love baking! a picnic blanket on the floor. my baies with flowers in their hair… we can eat what we like as much or as little..nobody monitoring us now. sun on my skin..gentle breeze in my hair.. i can take my girls for a nice palyful bubble bath then cuddle them in their pj’s whilst they fall asleep..they wont be rudely awoken tonight. not a sniff of alcohol around..all the doors locked and secure..SAFETY.

In the morning we can get up and go for a wander around the fields, stroking the horses looking out for wildlife watching the sun rise.. the day is our own. no waiting around for him to wake at lunchtime like a bear with a sore head dictating our daily plans.

Bliss x*x

Eggshells 
    Participant

Yup, that is defiantly bliss. I’ll fetch the tea and cookies.

Cecile 
    Participant

Hi Ariana this place was created by Braelynn who is not in a good place at the moment, her soul and heart are hurting. It’s ok to feel here, even the sad stuff has to be felt and let out. Its safe to be here, safe to feel and express yourself, safe to say what you are afraid of, and safe to say what you want. Tea and cookies are a great start. You might see two big elegant poodles tip toeing around, they like to be cuddles especially by little children and sleepy ladies. One is silver and one is white, both have lush soft curls and long ears and big soulful eyes. L built a greenhouse out the back near the stream with a domes roof. Inside I have grown orchids and palm trees and roses, all scented and lovely. You can pick what you like to put in vases, or a bath, and find a room for yourselves. I am going back to the fire to wait for the music to start again.
    Leonard Cohen was going to drop by from heaven and play ‘Suzanne’ for me. Any requests? Mozart might pop in as well, he said.

Braelynn 
    Participant

Ahhhh….my lovely ladies and children!! I love it!! Eh, I’m not broken – just bent. geessh prolly look like a pretzel by now!! I do have a good mind so just had to use it, sort things out and see the truth of it, which I have. Our journey here doesn’t come with a handbook, wish it did, right? So it’s trial and error, always learning. Seeing all of you here, listening to all the loveliness, smelling the smells, snatching up good food for my cave was so helpful. Sorry I hogged the dogs! Nothing like furballs of comfort. They “know” things, sense them. Layed in the shavings with Gypsy this morning. Horses are soooo sensitive to us. Wonderfully wise if we connect. There is a wolf sanctuary near me and I am chomping at the bit to go when restrictions are lifted. They help vets there as well. Really great therapy for them. They have rescued horses, birds, etc, too. Been communicating alot with them. Going to do some self care today so don’t mind me. I think I need to drum tonight. Anyone else? I gotta release some stuff. Going out to putter. It’s so beautiful here. If you see me going commando in the deep part of the stream, my apologies. I may need a dip in cold refreshing water! Much love to everyone and especially IWMB! She let me vomit and sat with me. X*X

HopeLifeJoy 
    Participant

Hey love, i sure could use a swim, going commando not a problem for me! Utter freedom bliss mmh!
    I’ll join you on the drums tonight by the fire, i am not the greatest at playing rhythms but that’s quite alright isn’t it…I can dance better than playing…could use it…feeling overwhelmed, got news today I have to start working again Monday, I had wished for more time, i enjoyed finding ways to entertain myself during lockdown, somehow when life is simpler I am happier…
    Also I’m finding myself missing the arms of a man around me so much…men’s arms represent stability and kindness to me, like a strong tree…🌳🌴🌲

I know the sound of drums will soothe me with the soft rhythm, then faster until raging fast beats sending us into trance.

Bless you IWMB for being there for Braelynn, you’re the sweetest of hearts 💕
    Glad you feeling better Braelynn you take it easy darling okay 😘

Iwantmeback 
    Participant

Its good to see you back mo chàraid (my friend) I’m up for some drums, going to make a start on the fire, get some baked potatoes on the go, throw a few quiche together. Need to release our inner wild woman, drums will definitely help🥁🥁
    Help yourselves ladies, get the kids involved, they’re going to love tonight. Anyone checked the fairy lights still working? Im excited. 💞💞

Braelynn 
    Participant

Drummed until my hands are blue here! You ladies are amazing!! We got it going on here, not sure how the neighbors feel about it…….but think we are far enough away that no one really minds. HopeLoveJoy….ahh but look at it as a positive. We do have to kinda get back to normal although I do worry about how safe it is do so. Get yourself some tea tree oil and just rub it in your nose from time to time. It does smell but you get used it and kills alot of viruses. You can’t ingest it but you can gargle with some drops in water and it kills strep and MSRA staph so it’s no lightweight. You can also use it on wounds, etc.

I always put it my nose going out. I hate the mask thing. Makes me panic and hyperventilate actually. I put some of it in my mask too. Also white sage is wonderful as far as killing some things. And it purifies the air. Also is good for spiritual cleansing. I just love to smell it even without burning it. I have some drying and I just put some dried leaves in a plastic baggie and open it up to take a big whiff when I have anxiety. Knocks it right down for me.

I’ve put in a roast in the crockpot for tom. on low. Smells sooo good. Going for a long hot soak!! Got a wee bit wine going on and some blueberry pie, don’t know who left it but it’s yummie!!! Goodnight my Sweets!

Braelynn 
    Participant

Where’d everybody go? looking under pillows and blankets here…. Well I am going bathing in the creek. I had this wild idea which I talked to the farmer next door about he’s game……what if we had our own roller rink out in the field here? He says, him and his sons can build it in their spare time. Just need a floor, a railing around in case you go sideways and I tent top. So eh, why not? I love to roller skate, not much on ice skates, weak ankles so I have to have the rollers. I used to be a menace on them! For us older ones, we might want to tie a pillow to our backsides. LOL! Anywho, I’m off to the water. I need it! I made some meat pies, help yourselves! Anyone have any homemade chutney?

SunshineRainflower 
    Participant

It took me a while to find the cottage today, some brambles and bindweed had grown over the sign from the road. Glad to have found it again. Is anyone up for making some cinnamon buns? Then I fancy sitting outside with a book by the pond near the trees. There’s a nice fresh breeze out, not as warm as yesterday but very cosy sitting outside with a blanket and a warm snuggly top.

I’ve cleaned, tidied and decluttered my bedroom so looking forward to a cosy evening and an early night, tired today. Maybe we could have a film night with some popcorn and hot chocolate? What’s everyone else at the cottage been up to today?

HopeLifeJoy 
    Participant

Film night sounds like a plan, I am tired too been running around all day in our garden barefoot, playing jumping screaming singing screaming again, hugging everyone who happened to be near me. Now I am tired.
    Here some fresh sliced oranges for everyone with the hot chocolate.
    Hugs to everyone, good night!🌙✨

Braelynn 
    Participant

And it’s okay to be tired and take care of ourselves, right? Sometimes there are no words for how we feel. I think the spoken language is pretty much dribble when it comes to affairs of the heart. We’d be better off just using telepathy. Been running a bit ragged lately myself. Had an issue of the heart I’m still dealing with. It’s coming to a resolve within and I am glad. So my hair is wild, I have no idea what I am even wearing. Don’t care. If I’m naked just look away. I am frying up some chicken actually, mashed potatoes, gravy, mushrooms, homemade rolls, veggies, apple turnovers, ice cream. Dig in! I’m up for vids! Anyone ever watch “Lost in Translation, Outlander, The Durrells from Corfu”? I got my snuggies on and waiting on the food! Dogs are wanting to snuggle and the house cat is good for purrs and kneading where you need it!

Iwantmeback 
    Participant

Oh im missing season 5 of Outlander so much. They’re showing season 4 jyst now so I’m getting my fix💜💜 but at least I’ll be able to binge watch it. I love me a bit of JAMMF.💜💜 got all 8 books too. I loved Murtagh too. Don’t mind borrowing them out. Thanks for dinner it was delicious. Ive missed mashed potatoes and gravy more than I realised.

Braelynn 
    Participant

Hi IWMB!! Ahhh, mashed taters and gravy! Just slap it on my thighs and will wear it proudly, eh? I love Bubble and Squeak too! Have you seen The Magic of Belle Isle on youtube? Love that one!! I also love Anne of Green Gables and Avonlea series and Wild Hearts Can’t Be Broken which is a true story, btw.

Just musing over how this virus thing has changed the landscape of our lives and really not for the better. People are in pressure cookers in their homes, trapped, imprisoned, is just horrific. The orders passed down here is alot like war zone directives, can’t do this, can’t do that, etc. Arrrghhh!! Hate it. And now they are talking about how as an offshoot to the virus, children are getting something that’s quite bad for them as a result. Where does it stop? Our new normal……..not liking it.

So, we get tighter here with the Sisterhood, that’s what we Do!! Try and knock me off me post, I will fight you! And for all the lovely men out there, which we do have them, we do and I love them, I thank them for being “real men and gentlemen”. Truly do. They have been messed about with society, too. Men and women don’t seem to know their place anymore. Just like girls tend to talk about abuse and men don’t. They were taught to just suck it up. Then go off to war and be canon fauder. So many brave lads just gone, thousands and millions of them. We are having a learning curve, unpleasant as it is, there are things to be learned. Mistakes to be realized and corrected.

All us lovely ladies do have what it takes to heal this planet, we really do but we have to fight for that position and we have to do everything in our power to heal, to have boundaries and get free of any kind of oppression and to band together doing it. That’s why I love it here because…..inspiration, creativity, hope, kindness, empathy are all the things that we actually produce quite naturally. When we are thwarted then we go into dysfunction, chaos, fog, decline in health, etc. In a way, most women are Highly Sensitive People. Look that one up ladies. Alot of us fit that bill. Explains alot. But we have to be all that. We are women, wives, mothers, etc. We have a full plate and it has to be that way in order for the human species to survive.

I’m going to delve into my senses today. Make a meal of it, sounds, smells, touching everything, good rubs to the animals here, going to roll in the grass, lay on the earth, take a dip in the water, sit in the treehouse for awhile and get a different perspective, like in “The Dead Poet’s Society”. Great wisdom that. Overall giong to get dirty!! Any takers?

TheHopeThatKillsYou 
    Participant

I see there’s already a house cat… hopefully it’ll get on with my squad of cats when we arrive! (I’m sure it will, some soppy ones and some what I call “rinky dinkies”, all so enthusiastic about the world!)

I have board games, jigsaws and lots of snuggly blankets – excuse the cat hair on them 😉

Iwantmeback 
    Participant

Hi Hope, nothing wrong with pet hairs on Blankets,that’s what makes them snuggly imo.
    Braelynn I lol’d picturing you slapping on the mashed tatties onto your legs, too funny.
    I loved Robin Williams, cried when he died and never even personally knew him.
    Ive been busy trying to tame the brambles, oh it’s a thankless job. They’re trying to sneak into our wee sanctuary garden, but I’m on the lookout for them. No monster vines creeping in here, I have secateurs and know how to use them🤣🤣
    Enjoy your evening everyone
    💞💞

Braelynn 
    Participant

Feeling a bit “eh”. Had a whirlwind thing of my own going on. Someone who revealed themselves to me for who they really are, female, and someone very close to me so it was hard. Still dealing with it. But I have to see what’s what, adapt and move on. Missing my IWMB…….I know she’s doing what she needs to do and all that but the place isn’t the same without here, actually everyone has been missing here. Maybe I should close up the cottage…. don’t know.

Will put the kettle on anyways, fireplace is roaring, just me and the cats. Gypsy got a good ride today, all groomed and spoiled. I spent a couple of hours in the big tub out back, a bit of a prune now. I made a boiled dinner, cabbage, potatoes, onions, garlic and chicken thighs, pepper, salt. Made some good homemade bread to go with it. Got some lovely berries and whipped cream, nice chocolate cookies to dip with. Some spiked punch and yep, just me here. Have a lovely pup who wandered in needing food and shelter so you’ll find him by the fire. Sad little lovely eyes, reminds me of us sometimes….

Braelynn 
    Participant

Missing “her” not “here”.

Braelynn 
    Participant

Been watching “Down to Earth” on youtube, a brit series if course. Quite nice actually. Very human, all of it. Dated but still applicable to all of us. Ok, curled up here by the fire, toasting my toes, popcorn drizzled in caramel, dandelion wine, cats kneading me in places that hurt. God love em, they always know where to go. Spent an hour with a rabbit this morning who did nothing but wash my face. I have no idea why she prefers to put her chin on my chin and breathe with me, nose to nose. Weird having a little animal with their nose stuck up yours. I guess that’s bunny love! Thank goodness for mother nature, we’d all go mad without her!

Same-again 
    Participant

Just read this tread and it made me cry.

I’d forgotten there is kindness, peace and tranquillity in this world.

My world has been filled with cruelty, pain, violence and tears. Too many, too many.

I will remember today that there ARE good and kind people out there. There is peace… Outside of the darkness there is light.

Wherever you are on your journey, take care and hope you find sanctuary.

Much love and fairy dust.

Braelynn 
    Participant

Hi Same Again…..don’t go! I have a big fluffy light blue, long housecoat that’s all yours, fuzzy socks to match, got the kettle on. Kitties are all yours. You just curl up wherever you like. I’ve got so many pillows and blankets about you could disappear in them for days! Got some stew going for later. Another log on the fire….I think maybe you should spend some time here. Sounds like you need to talk. Lots to read here. If you need to talk in private you can always PM me. You’re not alone and yes, there still is light, good and kindness. I well remember being so broken that it would hurt when someone would do the slightest kind thing to me and the tears would just flow. I see your bruises, just stay for awhile here. It’s a safe place that wraps it’s arms around you.

Braelynn 
    Participant

I drew you a nice hot bath, fairy lights all on twinkling about, got the table water fountain going,bed is all turned down for you, window slightly open so you can get a fresh breeze in, jasmine growing on the other side, my little pup that’s adopted the place has the bed nice and warm for you. Picked out a lovely peaceful CD for you, there are others so put on what you like. I’m just out in the great room here so make yourself a nest in there and come out when you want to. Tea and banana bread is on the table. The cats want in too so you have all the furballs in there with you! I got my teddy bear so I’m good. Standing guard over you here….

Same-again 
    Participant

How strangely insightful… feels like you know me.. 🙂

I love a hot bath.

Fairy lights make me light up with a smile. I have them in my garden…

I love dogs and have always wanted one. I have a cat instead, bless her…

The feeling of safety and peace, that’s what they rob from you.

That’s the feelings your thread elicited. I’d forgotten it existed.

Crying again….

Braelynn 
    Participant

Aye, well, I am an intuitive so there you go. We women have lots of gifts we know nothing about sometimes and then we get preyed upon by others. You look like a huge bright light to me so understand why you’ve been targeted. Can’t stand up straight right now…got the wind knocked out of you. I see that. You came to the right place, followed the light through the forest, didn’t ya? You have some strong intuition yourself, just needs a spitshine. 🙂 Crying helps with that, it washes, cleanses, like a river running through you. Nature and animals have always been my very best friends. We cry alot here, we shout, throw melons with the catapult out in the field, cow pies work as well. We dance, we drum, get all sassy, get angry, study our navels alot, or just “be” in our silence… Your heart seems to be in tatters and nothing worse than feeling alone in all that. You’re not alone here. You just make yourself at home here. You can garden, go feed Gypsy if you like, she’d love a good brushing. Or, you just curl up in bed. Time to focus on “you” now….Big HUG!!

Wants To Help 
    Participant

Hi ladies,

I’m at the front door, got some bottles of Baileys and a large selection of cheese and biscuits 🙂

I’ve brought my game of Pictionary with me, thought you might all like to have a laugh at my rubbish drawings to see if you can guess the word! I’ve got Ludo and Snakes and Ladders for the kids too.

In my car I’ve got some wood and tools to build a tree house in that beautiful big oak tree out the back. The nice guys at the farm down the road gave it to me for free.

I could do with a nice bubbly bath tonight though, have you got a spare, fluffy robe for me please?

Braelynn 
    Participant

But of course WantsToHelp, heard you knocking but was in the ladies room! It’s always open so just walk on in and make yourself at home. Hey, always love games! Children are soo welcome here, let them go free outside, nature is such a great teacher. We have a treehouse out there already but we could always use another one! Then they could string a ladder bridge between the two! Put the food on the counter there and I will draw you a nice bubble bath, put the music on and of course I have a fluffy robe for you! Time to let your hair down, paint your toes (got some new polish in there) put on music and sing at the top of your lungs. Have to warn you however, I taught me pup to howl…….sooo, he’s quite cute with it. You sing, he howls!

SunshineRainflower 
    Participant

I’m just dropping in at night with my blanket and a hot drink if anyone’s awake as I feel sad and lonely at the moment. I go through days of feeling fine then times of not feeling fine at all.
    I don’t like this phrase ‘the new normal.’ There’s nothing normal about not being able to make new friends, talk to people face to face, hug people, go to hobby groups and also dating, holding hands etc. Humans need touch and friendship and connection. If the government don’t change things soon there will be a lot of psychological harm done, well its already happening.
    It’s so hard at the moment. I do have some neighbours but one is harsh about people she deems as ‘not following the rules’ whilst breaking them herself. Another gives me a bad vibe, she seems like a boundary violator to me. She asks me awkward favours and I have been practising saying no after reading a lot about boundaries.
    So it’s not so much lack of people but lack of people who I enjoy spending time with and who share similar views. I’d love to have some local friends or neighbours like this right now but life circumstances mean I don’t. I have nobody to meet in the park or play tennis with etc and it’s actually quite distressing.
    All these rules have been made with the assumption that everyone is in a happy couple or family. Single people have been ignored. I’m very worried about how this will affect me and others like me long term.

SunshineRainflower 
    Participant

Just realised that sounded like I thought this is only hard for single people which clearly isn’t true. I think the hardest hit are people in abusive relationships, children in abusive families, people with disabilities and no support, children with learning difficulties and anyone with mental health problems. It’s just so bad it’s surreal. Hard to believe it’s happening. And definitely made worse by the media etc acting like everything is fine and dandy with it and let’s all go on zoom dates and bake sourdough bread.

Braelynn 
    Participant

SunshineRainFlower… I Know!!! I hear you, right? My feelings exactly. Sweetheart, you have a home here so just kick off your shoes and stay. It is surreal, I have no clue what’s really going on either. I wonder…. But we have to adapt, be good at what we are good at. The things that are going on is affecting people very badly all over the world. Nothing fine or dandy about it. That being said, you do what you can do, in your corner of the world. Whether single or not or in an abusive relationship or not, we are all affected. Sometimes we can’t put the pieces together because we don’t have all the pieces so we have to shelter in place. You can moan and shout and scream and whatever you want to do here. These walls are breathing and living, they hear you and they understand you…….

I think single people for example, maybe with no real support group of healthy family unit suffer quite profusely in times like this. So tell me what would make you happy here? What would you dream up or what would make you in particular happy? Our human spirit has a way of wiggling out of things because ok, it’s small and all that but it’s atomic. Small little things are oh so powerful. yes? Yes. If you can dream it, think it, it can be done. Da Vinci would know about that and countless others in actually more difficult times than this. Sometimes the water has to boil, earthquakes need to happen, alerting us to things that need to be changed, otherwise we just muse ourselves with self gratification and sleep. We are being jolted now to realize that the human race is in danger. So this might not be a bad thing, depends on your perspective.

At any rate, please do relax and know you have a safe place to come to. So many wonderful, sweet, kind and caring women on this site. You are among friends here and this door is always open to you. Sit by the fire……

Same-again 
    Participant

Hi SunshineRainFlower,

Yes, I’m with you. The ‘new normal’ is far from great. I am now alone although he has been here for most of lockdown. Till last violent episode.

There’s an element of all this that intrigues me as well. I know for sure he won’t be enjoying being on his own either. I’d been WFH and actually things were bubbling along and then the night of my (detail removed by moderator) WFH it kicks off. All over a (detail removed by moderator). You have to laugh, ffs.

Anyway, the figures are that DV has got so much worse during lockdown and this is my experience as well.
    I’m guessing this is because they CAN or at least feel they can exert more power/control/violence etc. My ex said a few times, yeah – call the Police and they won’t come. In fact they did albeit the next day.

BUT, does it never occur to them that the likely consequence will be that they will end up alone. Not just in lockdown I guess but the consequences are more stark now because of it.

I read a book which states these relationships are detrimental to the abused and abusers mental health and this makes sense really. You’d have to be lobotomised I reckon for it not to affect your mental health.

So, they are destined to lead a sad and lonely life or at least one of drama and conflict and often resulting in loneliness and lack of connection. I guess I could say the same about me to some extent but I’m not the driving force and at least I WANT something different. Consciously anyway.

What I’m getting at is whilst somewhere in their dark soul they must derive pleasure from the pain, do they really. Their lives are s**t and for those (most of em I guess) who don’t seek change it’s just more of the same. Tears, screaming, shouting, violence, upset, drama.

I do think my ex on some level was aware of this. He said he struggled with inter-personal relationships due to his jealousy – and the rest but still.

I wonder if technology can in time be of assistance in this. We can all now record them and perhaps if you could download that somewhere (he smashed (detail removed by moderator) of mine due to my recording him) they could be made to listen to their own awfulness or at least have the threat of being held accountable. A bit like a personnel file. It strikes me that it’s such a lottery and they wiggle out of things alarmingly well. A good example of this is a neighbour of ours (he’s been there so that may have a bearing) is a social worker yet he’s convinced her I’m the crazy/violent one and this is such theme isn’t it. The blame game.

Also, even the other neighbour (his friend really) who I think DOES believe me is still mates with him. He can be quite personable but really, if they knew (were made to face) would they/could they condone it?!

Sorry for the long and waffling post. I was thinking out loud really.

Best wishes for today – where ever you are on your journey.

At least we as the victims have hope, we can leave/move on/heal (might not seem so at times but it’s true). They will carry on living their miserable existences with no hope of real love/connection on their horizon because they will always sabotage whatever chance they have of it. Sad really. Imagine the pain, suffering and violence just one of them inflicts in their life. Staggering that we live in a society which allows it.

x*x

Braelynn 
    Participant

So true, huh? Who knows what goes in their heads? I’d be mad as a hatter if I did! Pulling weeds out back, getting to be a jungle. Working on the gypsy caravan, needs alot of things done to it. Scraping paint off but have gutted the inside, seeing what needs work and needs to be thrown away and done again. Gypsy is excited, like she knows what’s going on but of course she does! Going to get in the creek here, don’t even care if it’s cold. Have some rosemary bread ready for the oven when I get back and a duck I’ve been cooking for awhile now, with trimmings. Roasted apples as well. Have some baby ducks I have to pin up before the cats get to them….so cute! A bit of a zoo here!

Same-again 
    Participant

xXxXx

Braelynn 
    Participant

Hi there, Ladies! Hope everyone is doing well…. Just bustling about here, packing my things and moving on soon. I hope you guys keep up the place if you deem it worthy to do so. I am a gypsy at heart so hitched up the caravan as it is finished. Hired a couple of blokes to help me, Gypsy is ready to go so, Look after each other, hand out big portions of TLC to yourself first of all and then to others because if you don’t first look after yourself and your own storehouse of energy then you can’t adequately give to others, right? Nothing selfish about that either so let no one tell you otherwise.

Was nice to knock about with you, sit by the fire, drum, play, snuggle about, work and enjoy the fruits of our labors and know that inspiration, imagination, love and laughter is the best medicine of all. It truly is. So farewell and been so very nice talking to all of you. Such loveliness afoot here, beautiful women who just need to see their own beauty. Keys are under the toadstool out front. Sapere Aude!

SunshineRainflower 
    Participant

Sorry you are leaving Braelynn, that is sad, but you have to do what is right for you. Thanks for creating this sanctuary. Maybe it will keep going, maybe it will get taken over by the brambles before somebody else stumbles across it and dusts it down.

I forgot to reply to your reply on here. I am ok thank you, I just feel very depressed at everything going on. All my support has been removed. I feel like I’m surrounded by brainwashed zombies. I just want to go back to my volunteer job and rebuild my life.

On the other hand, I see an opportunity, maybe to move, in the future anyway, and start working towards it now. To start afresh. My volunteer job was lovely but I wasn’t making any friends there, and each winter when it closed down I felt so alone as everyone returned to their families. So I was thinking last year, it’s not really enough. I needed some kind of change in my life but wasn’t sure what. So maybe now is the time to start looking for that change. Still not sure what but things that mean in the near future at least I can make friends and build my life back up.

HopeLifeJoy 
    Participant

Hi Braelynn wishing you all the best in your continued journey. It has been a pleasure spending time in the cottage, felt safe and peaceful. Hopefully you’ve also enjoyed your time here and were able to take away new learnings. Take very good care of yourself, much love 💕

Soulsearcher18 
    Participant

Just popped by to have a read back on the original posts, I’m chilling here for a bit. Going to have a brew and read for a bit. I like this place.

Eggshells 
    Participant

Thank goodness I’m back. Sad that Braelyn has gone. It’s been a tough few weeks and I’m feeling pretty low. I took the dogs out for a really long walk today. With the gentle heat of the sun, we walked along the stream until I got too tired to go any further. The dogs were still bounding around though and making me smile with their antics in the stream. They we’re trying to catch the little fish, without success but they were totally absorbed in it.

We’re back now and I’m curled up in a big comfy chair. A cat has appeared and he’s curled up on my lap, purring gently and dozing. I have cat paralysis, I can’t move because I don’t want to disturb him. Would you mind passing me my hot chocolate please?

I can hear an owl outside. What a beautiful mellow sound. I’d forgotten how soothing I find this escape.

Soulsearcher18 
    Participant

Here’s your hot chocolate Eggshells- I made a fresh one for you and one for me too.
    So this is the first place I popped to again, think it is my fave place on here.
    Love hearing the owls.
    Once upon a time I would have been afraid of the dark and of nature being the only company. I don’t hanker for bright lights and busy any longer, quite content with the peace.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

EXIT SITE

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ Jobs

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account