Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Peaceful Pig
      Participant

Today I saw my sexually abusive parents for the first time in years at an event I had to attend. I’d been petrified beforehand. The first words from my father were to aggressively demand that I hug him. I politely refused so he refused to speak to me again and my mother copied. It seems I am surplus to requirements unless I meet his needs, well thank goodness for that. No wonder I learned nothing of consent. Horrible but validating. Proud of myself for sticking to my boundaries and not caving even under pressure of well-meaning relatives.

KIP.
      Participant

That was really brave of you. Well done. He showed his true colours. Just confirming you did the right thing. Stood up for yourself. You can see his controlling behaviour and your “punishment” by ignoring you. It all makes sense. Keep toxic people away, even if they’re related. It’s sad but was never our fault or choice to be abused. Maybe next time the do gooders will keep out of it x another step forward for you x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content