Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Brudge123
      Participant

I have done all (detail removed by Moderator), I’ve borrowed some money and have a plan to go on (detail removed by Moderator). (detail removed by Moderator) But I’m terrified. I have no friends and my family won’t help me.
      Needing some moral support right now x

KIP.
      Participant

Please contact your local women’s aid or victim support. They can signpost you to support if they can’t help themselves. Take a look at McKenzie friends too. But remember you’re stronger than you know. Keep focussed on the end goal x it’s only natural to be scared, that’s what he’s counting on. Make him regret the day he thought you were a victim. How dare he x

iliketea
      Participant

You wont regret it for one second. Have you got a safe exit plan? What is it you’re scared of? Its the most dangerous time when you’re leaving so make sure he’s not there and doesn’t know. And have you got a safe place to stay for a period of time. If he contests (detail removed by Moderator) then you might have to be away from your home for upwards of a month+. As KIP says contact your local domestic abuse charity, sometimes Womens Aid sometimes run by different organisations. You could ask your GP too? Ideally you’ll get an IDVA who can help you with these steps. Well done, good luck. Keep posting. Run things by the ladies here. xx

Brudge123
        Participant

Thank you, yes have safe exit plan ive been working on for months but the plan is for me to stay in the house to minimise the distress to the children. I’m just not sure i can do it. I’m all alone and I can’t just sit here alone wondering if he’ll come back x

Hawthorn
      Participant

We are all here for you. You are not alone. You have your children and yourself. He has made you feel that’s not enough. It is and always has been. Thinking of you and hoping you’re doing OK. Leaving is so difficult so theres no judgement here if it hasn’t worked out this time.
      You can do this!x*x

Hawthorn
      Participant

We are all here for you. You are not alone. You have your children and yourself. He has made you feel that’s not enough. It is and always has been. Thinking of you and hoping you’re doing OK. Leaving is so difficult so theres no judgement here if it hasn’t worked out this time.
      Great advice from the other ladies about services to reach out to, they will help you as they’ve helped many of us here.
      You can do this!x*x

Brudge123
      Participant

UPDATE!

I did it, I got out. I’m free. I’m in a safe house and I have a lot more to do but I’m actually away from him. And now I’m away it makes me realise how bad it was and how much I was downplaying it.

But now I’m free. Thank you ladies. Thank you so much x*x

Lisa
        Main Moderator

This is brilliant to hear Brudge123! Well done. Take each day as it comes and lean on the support around you. Thank you for coming back to update us, we will always be here for you.

Best wishes,

Lisa

KIP.
      Participant

Well done💪 Power to you. Just take baby steps now. One day at a time and start building your own future and that of you and your children. You need to get yourself well and happy so that your children can follow your example. You’ve shown them that abuse is never ever acceptable from anyone and you had the strength to walk away from that. A lesson they need to learn for a happy healthy adult life and relationship x take all the help offered x 💕

Nowheretoturn20
      Participant

Hi! I’m stuck!
      Currently Sat downstairs not daring to breathe incase he finds out I’m actually awake!….
      I’ve had a past drink problem but since seeking help and two children later everything is fine! ( he uses my two small children as a means to hurt me and take child away!) they are my everything!

Watersprite
      Participant

Well done Brudge amazing news you did it! Welcome to freedom minimising so common and the effects of abuse on us and our children only become obvious after we have left. So take one day at a time take up the support be gentle and kind to yourself. You are so brave! Enjoy the simple things x
      Nowheretoturn it sounds very difficult for you keep posting we are here reach out to wonensaid or your GP if you can support is out there x

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content