Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

I’ve posted a couple of times about how to come to terms and move on from the mental scars that are left behind. It’s something I struggle with a lot and the fact that I have to face these physical scars in the mirror everyday hinder my journey. I heard something today that resonated with me and I thought I’d share it to give anyone else strength who also maybe struggling;

“The scars we bare today only show us where we’ve been, they do not dictate where the future takes us”

Darcy
      Participant

Hi beautiful Angel,
      That is a lovely quote, thank you for sharing that
      My physical scars empower me and remind me I will never go back, or put up with that bad behaviour from anyone else again
      Keep working hard on yourself mentally and those feelings will also empower you
      Sending you continued love and support
      Darcy xx

Darcy
      Participant

I also wanted to add to this that when my ex first started to hit me, it was the first time I had seen such damage caused to my body… I hadn’t really been a rough and tumble child
      But watching how my body healed itself all on its own, and sometimes as quickly as in a matter a days, I realised then how powerful I could become. This realisation gave me such strength and it was from then on that I started to love my body, and thank it for supporting me. I also though if that’s what it can do on its own… what can it do if I nurture and pay it some attention.
      Even in what seems like the darkest negative situations, use what ever small ray of light you have been gifted xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content