Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tractor
      Participant

Hi

I posted previously about whether what I was experiencing was abuse and I’ve concluded it is so since my last post I have ended it but feel like I’m just screaming inside I’m really struggling right now. Lots to sort as in clothes and times to have our son but he’s saying he is having him every single weekend I’ve said no because I work full time I won’t see him but he’s saying he won’t return him I know he’s bluffing as he works too and would have no choice but it’s the biggest weak spot and he knows it . I’ve said I’ll compromise and every other weekend and then anytime in the week. That’s fair isn’t it ? It’s not me?

Just feel like I’m drowning in my emotions tried to go out the other night but just feel so sad . What if it’s better the devil you know what if it’s me as he says makes men like this says no wonder my ex husband used to hit me .

So fed up feel like I can’t get out of bed this is my little safe haven right now that’s OK to lick my wounds for a bit ?

I’d love to reply to some of the posts on here but worry I’ll give the wrong advice when I’m being so weak myself right now x

KIP.
      Participant

Its definately not the devil you know. Dealing with these abusers is so draining. I often had to take a mental health break and go to bed and shut myself away. My advice would be to get something legal in place and also tell your solicitor of his threat to not return your child. It doesn’t matter if he means it or not. Even better if you have the proof. This is a taste of what is to come if you allow contact with yourself. Court ordered access for him. Not contact. Transfer by third party and all contact through third party or solicitor. It will make your life much easier in the long run. Its definately not you but however you agree access it won’t be ok with him as he will just change the goal posts. Your offer sounds more than reasonable x ring Rights for Women for some free legal advice. Keep in touch with your local women’s aid too.

Tractor
      Participant

Thanks kip!

My ex husband was very violent so I keep looking at the positives I’m not scared to go to sleep in my house like last time and I don’t feel the0way I did about my husband I adored him well when he was nice ! So this time I do feel alot more in control . Just so hard. He’s not even turned up for my son I know he’s just trying to wind meup but Im defo going to ring them tomorrow didn’t know about them. Set the terms early on that he isn’t messing him about. I’m shocked actually as he has a son previously amd never once hashe messed him about x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content